- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
How to move to a new Server
14 years 10 months ago #30131
by andineier
How to move to a new Server was created by andineier
Hello Team,
I want to move to a new server and decided to build my site new from scratch as I move from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 as well.
Is there a possibility to export the products and re-import them? As I don't want to move over the whole Database and I am not that DB expert just to extract the HIKA Shop products from the DB....
Any help is much appreciated.
Andreas
I want to move to a new server and decided to build my site new from scratch as I move from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 as well.
Is there a possibility to export the products and re-import them? As I don't want to move over the whole Database and I am not that DB expert just to extract the HIKA Shop products from the DB....
Any help is much appreciated.
Andreas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30132
by phill104
Replied by phill104 on topic Re: How to move to a new Server
I am in the process of this right now. It was a little more complex for me as I had migrated from VM first then a couple of weeks later all the extensions that I needed for J1.7 became available so I then migrated. In my case I just manipulated the database. In Hikashop it is really well laid out so you can see instantly what tables are the shop and what they do. Using phpmyadmin it ia quite easy just make sure you backup first.
In my case I used Akeeba backup to take a copy of my live site then installed that on my local machine under WAMP. This way I can do all the testing locally and correct any mistakes I make.
In my case I used Akeeba backup to take a copy of my live site then installed that on my local machine under WAMP. This way I can do all the testing locally and correct any mistakes I make.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30157
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to move to a new Server
Hi,
Export/import the products could be done yes. However, some features are not supported by the export and import like the multi languages and the images have to be copied separately.
Here is some information about migration from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.6/1.7 : www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...joomla-16.html#16556
Export/import the products could be done yes. However, some features are not supported by the export and import like the multi languages and the images have to be copied separately.
Here is some information about migration from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.6/1.7 : www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...joomla-16.html#16556
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds