Skip to main content

Add to product page

More
14 years 10 months ago #31204 by paulocamacho
Im trying to see if this is possible, I want to create a from using maybe smart forms app, so I want to send the final information from that form information to a product. or maybe not all info but just something that tide the form name to the product.

The nice thing of smart forms for example is that I can create a step by step forms .

thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31228 by paulocamacho
Nic , my site is about printing, so what Im trying is to make the flow like this :

User choose design >>> user choose product >>>> user pay>>>>>

or choose product>>> design>>> pay>>>>

Or maybe add a new cart step in between , check my site miicards.com ,

the point to be clear how to choose the product and add the design.

Thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31254 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add to product page
Hi,

The second option is doable.
First, have your users navigate through your products. Then, hide the custom fields on the product page (1 line of CSS) and change the add to cart button to a button directing to a smart form specifying the id of the product.
Then, at the end of the form, redirect the page with an add to cart URL containing the id of the product and the values to set in the custom fields as explained there: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...s.html?lang=en#16220
That will add the product to the cart with all the custom fields filled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31272 by paulocamacho
Thanks Nic, the good news is that is possible, I really want to do it , the thing is that Im a little new on this , now I will figure out if you give me a hand.

First you mention that I need to hide a custom fields, that means if I have 10 custom fields I need to hide them?

then I will change the cart button link so it go to the smart form Right? this Im not to clear (specifying the id of the product) ? can you give me a example, then the last button of that form will have the product add to cart link right? that have the product id, so it will go direct to the shopping cart?

So user will get to me product and choose characteristics then they click add to cart( I can change it to choose design ) and they go the smart form, they fill that form and click add to cart in the form, at that time they are in the shopping cart ready to pay right?

Thanks Nic ,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31274 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add to product page
Yes, you will have to hide all the custom item fields. Just use the CSS below for that:
.hikashop_product_custom_item_info{ display:none; }
and you won't see the custom item fields on the front end (but do that only once everything is setup)

There won't be the add to cart button at the end of the form. However, the form component itself will redirect to the add to cart URL. For example, here how you can set that up in Fabrik:
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/1...ymailing-fabrik.html
Or with ChronoForm: www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/1...ling-chronoform.html
Or with RSformPro: www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/1...iling-rsformpro.html
I don't know how it works for other form components.

Then, when the user validates the form, he will be on the checkout, ready to pay, yes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31276 by paulocamacho
Thanks Nic , I can use RSform , I goind to check that links , ok Im clear we the hide , now I need to change the add to cart button link right? in the product page ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31278 by paulocamacho
Also on the form I need to have the same fields that I have in Hika product hidden fields ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31279 by paulocamacho
Nic, you said , change the add to cart button to a button directing to a smart form specifying the id of the product.

can you give me example please,

Thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31290 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add to product page
Yes, you need to hide the add to cart button area. You can do that with CSS too.
And yes, you need the same fields.

Then, add a new button going to your form.
For example:

<input type="button" name="go_to_form" value="Add to cart" onclick="window.location='http://MY_FORM_URL&product_id='; return false;" />

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31311 by paulocamacho
Wow nic , great ,

<input type="button".......'MY_FORM_URL&product_id=<?php echo............

So nic I just need to change this part ( MY_FORM_URL&product_id ) , form url and the current product id , sorry men

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31346 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add to product page
yes you need to change that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31577 by paulocamacho
Nic , one quick question , How much will be to do this for me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31589 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add to product page
Our schedule is full for December. I would advise that you post an ad on our job forum and/or on joomlancers.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31590 by paulocamacho
I will like to do this flow:

Step 1 User decide what product want ; Business card ( this is out of hika )

Step 2 went click user go to a list of designs ( outside of hika )

Step 3 user click on choose design and go to a form , and fill the fields.

Step 4 form will send info to a hika product, Product with hide costume fields to collect the info.

Step 5 User choose some characteristics and add to card . ( with the form info)

Step 6 User pay.

do you think I can do that. Can you do it $$

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31593 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add to product page
It's totally possible with a customization of a view of HikaShop. However, as I said, our schedule is full for December.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31597 by paulocamacho
Good newws, thanks but I really need this now , all I think that all I need is to send the info from the form to a product. just thinking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31598 by paulocamacho
Nic , I think that will work great , can you help me with example link from the form to the product that has hide costume fields ?

Thanks a lot , if this work I will be ok for this month, then we can do more updates on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31599 by paulocamacho
Nic, here is one add to cart html link :

<a class="hikashop_html_add_to_cart_link" href=" miicards.com/index.php?option=com_hikash...ckout=1&product_id=1 ">Add to cart


can you tell me is this work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31600 by paulocamacho
Nic , I check the link above , I saw this link :

index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=sub&task=optin&hiddenlists=1,4&user[name]={Name:value}&user

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #31611 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add to product page
Yes, ten custom item fields. Then, in the product page URL that you give to your form component, you should add the parameters for the custom fields. And in the "show" file of the view "product", you will need to add custom code to fill the custom fields based on the data from the URL.

The add to cart HTML link is not necessary for that in the flow you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum