- Posts: 51
- Thank you received: 0
Varying characteristics for individual products
I am setting up my hika shop to sell t-shirts which are available in different sizes (gents, ladies, kids) and different colours.
However not all t-shirts are available in all sizes or colours. Is it possible to edit the variants for each item or would i have to set up a different set of variants for each item which corresponds with a set of colours or sizes?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
After you added your characteristics to a product, you can the click on the "manage variants" button to edit the different variants and/or delete the ones you don't need. So you can do it.
However, please be careful about adding too many variants to a product: each combination of values is generated. If you have 10 values for each characteristic, that means 1000 variants generated automatically in one page. It can be too much for some shared hostings.
In that case, I would recommend to split them in different characteristics so that the system generates less than a few hundred of variants. That will also reduce your work as you will have less variants to delete. You can have several characteristics with the same name so no problem with the display ( note the id down to know which one you want to use when editing the products).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
I have several sizes needed for my clothing apparel. The first set of variants "Jacket Size (S, M, L etc.)" show up great, but any more added will either give me a 500 error or the last 3 Characteristics will not show their variants.
Here is the current link:
mediaks.com/UD2/index.php?option=com_hik...ayout=show&Itemid=13
Is there a workaround with this? I am really hoping to use HikaShop as our shopping cart, it just has SO many features!
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
nicolas wrote:
Hi,
After you added your characteristics to a product, you can the click on the "manage variants" button to edit the different variants and/or delete the ones you don't need. So you can do it.
However, please be careful about adding too many variants to a product: each combination of values is generated. If you have 10 values for each characteristic, that means 1000 variants generated automatically in one page. It can be too much for some shared hostings.
In that case, I would recommend to split them in different characteristics so that the system generates less than a few hundred of variants. That will also reduce your work as you will have less variants to delete. You can have several characteristics with the same name so no problem with the display ( note the id down to know which one you want to use when editing the products).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In such cases, the system is not able to generate the variants by itself.
You have two options:
1. create the variants yourself via the manage variants button.
2. Delete all the existing variants for your product. Then, remove the characteristics from your product and save it. Finally, add all the characteristics back. That way, the system will automatically create all the variants again and you won't see the "No values found" message anymore.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
03320b1.netsolhost.com/pastrystarproduct.../category_pathway-16
^^ Here's what I'm working on... the three different sizes we offer for this product (and most of the jams are 10 lbs., 20 lbs., and 50 lbs., I would like to have the consumer be able to select the size they would like and have the information below change per selection. As we also list the skid size for the size they require or would like to purchase, and they will change with the choice of 10, 20 and 50 lbs. pails. Please reply when you can regarding this subject.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
I need help on this subject myself.
03320b1.netsolhost.com/pastrystarproduct.../category_pathway-16
^^ Here's what I'm working on... the three different sizes we offer for this product (and most of the jams are 10 lbs., 20 lbs., and 50 lbs., I would like to have the consumer be able to select the size they would like and have the information below change per selection. As we also list the skid size for the size they require or would like to purchase, and they will change with the choice of 10, 20 and 50 lbs. pails. Please reply when you can regarding this subject.
Let me be a bit more specific, I purchased the Hika Shop for it's Custom Fields, and I would like THAT information to change when selecting a new size in the drop-down box.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can change the files components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/show.php and administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php by the ones in the archive enclosed in order to solve the problem (that assumes that you didn't customize the show file of the view product...if you did, you will have to remove your customization and reapply it after changing these two files).
These fixes will be included in next release of HikaShop so you won't have anything to do when you update.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm trying to change the display settings in the tab Display of the configuration but I don't see the changes on my product/category listing on the front end.
That's because the settings on that screen are only for NEW menus and modules. Existing modules and menus have their own set of options that you can access via the menus Display->Content menus and Display->Content modules.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
I don't like Joomla's search function, and it seems like the one for 1.6 keeps crashing in Google Chrome, I noticed I have plugin's for search modules in Joomla, all we need our search to do is search the products I setup in HikaShop, how do I setup said module to be displayed and work? If that makes any sense at all, please help me. Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you try a third time does it work ?
Does it depend on what you type in the search ?
Do you have a "Fatal error" message near the end of the page ? If yes, what is it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
It does it no matter what I search for.
I don't notice a error at all, it just seems like the raw script appears instead of the render.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So, if you solve the first problem, the second will be solved automatically.
You should ask your hosting company about the php error logs where the fatal error should have been logged, or you should configure your php.ini in order to turn on the display_errors option.
I still can't say if the error is in HikaShop or not, but I highly doubt it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.