Skip to main content

Paypal Payment Configuration

More
15 years 8 months ago #4963 by jacorr27
Hi again!

I'm hoping that you can help with the configuration of the Paypal plugin.

I've set up a business acc with Paypal - however, when I try to purchase something on my dev site I'm re-directed to screen that says "the cart is empty" even though it sends the notification email that the order is in the "created" status.

Looking at my settings there is nothing in the Paypal URL field...can you please confirm what this value should be?

Would this also have something to do with the workflow? Currently mine is set to login_address_shipping_payment_confirm_cart_status_fields,end

Thanks in advance,
Jacqueline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4964 by nicolas
Hi,

You need to go to the menu System->Payment methods. There edit you paypal payment plugin. You will have the option "Return URL" where you can put the URL where your users will be redirected when they come back from paypal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4965 by jacorr27
Thanks Nicolas, the problem seems to be actually getting to paypal....at the moment the user is not directed to paypal at all to complete payment details. When you click "Next" from the shopping cart, after a second or two it goes straight to "the cart is empty" page.

Looking at my settings in the paypal plugin there is nothing in the Paypal URL field...I'm thinking this would have something to do with it??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4966 by nicolas
Did you published and saved the paypal plugin configuration ?

Could you provide the URL of your website so that we can have a look at the problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4967 by jacorr27
Yes I have both published and saved the plugin config.

I guess I'm missing something.

My dev site is www.dev.beautyscoop.com.au

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4968 by nicolas
That URL doesn't work. Could you double check it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4969 by jacorr27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4970 by nicolas
That's the same. Maybe a DNS issue ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4971 by jacorr27
I think there is a problem with my web hosting service. It's only just happened now as luck would have it!

Can we try have another look tomorrow, when I find out what's going on with the web server?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4972 by nicolas
Sure, let us know when it works again so that we can try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #5025 by jacorr27
Hi Nicolas,

The url dev.beautyscoop.com.au should be working now, when you have a moment to have a quick look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #5026 by nicolas
In your paypal payment plugin options, in the option "Paypal URL" you should have the URL: www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #5027 by jacorr27
brilliant, thank you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #5028 by jacorr27
just one more question...is there a way i can integrate some of the credit card payment fields on the page in hikashop/joomla, so that the end user will not leave the website?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #5029 by nicolas
The paypal payment plugin on not compatible with this. You could however build your own payment plugin gathering the credit card information and then sending that to the paypal API so that the user doesn't have to leave your website:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...r-documentation.html

But that require quite a bit of knowledge in PHP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #15071 by areena
Hi, I have a problem to configure payment details as well. Once I add the product to cart, it takes me to the login where it displays payment as well. I know I need to adjust a little bit of layout, but here are some screen shots.

Once I click on payment it takes me to the checkout and it shows as follow.

Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by areena.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #15091 by nicolas
Hi areena,

What is your problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #15150 by areena
Oh, sorry, my other post haven't been posted..

So, first I don't want payment options to be displayed on the 'login/registration' page.
Then, radio buttons don't work properly. But when I click on paypal let's say and I press next, I just go to the next page and it looks like this (attached)

So user can't choose any payment options. Plus, if I click on next, my page refreshes and this is it. :(

I'm very new to all this store front, so need your help.
Thank you!
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by areena.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #15161 by nicolas
If you want to have your checkout workflow in several pages, you need to change the "checkout workflow" option which is in the tab checkout of the configuration. We have a lengthy documentation on how to set it up:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...config.html#checkout
Concerning the payment methods "disappearing", that's probably because you set a "zone" restriction in your payment methods settings. Here is a FAQ on the different possibilities of that problem: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum