to send the e-mails from Hikashop
today i had a problem with my host. From my site it wasn't possible to send the e-mail.
Till today if i tried to send an e-mail from Hikashop i have any message.
I thought that was because the e-mail was send ok.
But today, with my host error, i tried to send some e-mails and i have any error message. Obviously the e-mails have not been sent cause the server.
How can i have notice if the e-mails i send by Hikashop are send correctly or not?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop is made so that it display the errors returned by your email server. However, with some email servers, the server always return a success status regardless of whether the email can be sent or not. And there is no way for HikaShop to display an error in that case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
but, during my server was out of service, from my frontend if you used the contact form you could receive the error message.
So the server returned the error.
Why is not it the same for backend of Hikashop?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
All the emails sent by HikaShop are sent the same way with the same PHP class.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have some tips?
You consider that now the server works well.
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The best is to put monitoring on your website. That way to know when emails or the website itself are not working properly.
For example, that service www.siteuptime.com/ which is free for one website can check emails, ftp, the website and ssh availability.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But now I do not trust of my server. I have to thank a user who alerted me via phone that the server did not send emails.
I tried Siteuptime, it works but not to check outgoing emails. My server has a protection system that don't allow this controll. Siteuptime team said that to me.
So nothing is solved
Do you now if there is a plugin or component for Joomla to track the server mails and especially the Hikashop mails?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I know that jmonitoring is popular for website monitoring. But I don't know if it can do that:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...site-monitoring/9787
Here is a complete list of monitoring solutions for Joomla:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...rity/site-monitoring
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
i tried the Jmonitoring.
It doesn't controll the mail but if it can send an email a day it is ok for me.
Unfortunately it has a complicated automatic system by Windows......
So, I thought: :woohoo:
my issue is controll if my host send the e-mail.
I need one mail a day from my host.
Why i can not use the Hikashop'cron?
If i set the delay time to 1440 (24h) and set send a report every time hikashop is triggered can it works?
What do you think?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I set the delay time between two cron to 1440 minutes (24h) but I received an e-mail every hour. It is too much: 24 e-mail a day!!! :huh:
Why doesn't the delay time work correctly?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It still sends me one mail every one hour.
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now it works. I receive one e-mail a day.
Are you solve the issue or do you set one a day only for me.
I meen, if i change my delay time does it change or still always on one a day?
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've found Pingdom very usefull and it works fine.
Pingdom cecks my website and it send me an e-mail a day even if it is all ok.
So, If you think it is better for me and for my site come back to original Hikashop cron please You can!
Thanks a lot
my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.