Skip to main content

UPS Shipping Plugin

More
14 years 3 months ago #56578 by kessler
UPS Shipping Plugin was created by kessler
I am trying to get the UPS Shipping Plugin to work. I have looked up several "how to" articles. I need a step by step process on this. I think I am messing up with the UPS access key and API. I don't know which one to download and what do I do with it once I download it? Any help will be appreciated. Thank-you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #56580 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

Here is the last version of the UPS plugin and the UPS documentation .
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kessler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56585 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
I have both of these. I followed the directions but I am not clear on what to do. Please someone walk me through with screen shots would be great. Thank-you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #56599 by kessler
The UPS shipping plugin is not showing up on the front end. I checked exclude dimensions but it still is not showing up. Could someone please help. Thank-you.

Okay, so I've continued reading forums and everyone said you have to have weight measurements. So I added weight measurements and I get this when I go to checkout. I excluded the username and password. Without the weights, UPS does not show up in the checkout.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by nicolas. Reason: confidential information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56639 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi kessler,

Sorry I didn't gave you the good version can you test it with this version ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Netmicah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56668 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
Thank-you so much. It works like a charm. You have no idea how many hours I've put into this.

One question though. I have a product that has a weight of .05 lbs. When a customer purchases 2 of these, the price of shipping goes up. Really, the price should stay the same considering the box only goes up .05 of a lb. For example, the .05 lbs product has a shipping cost for 1 of 9.43. For 2 it has a shipping cost of 10.77 How do I fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #56673 by Mohamed Thelji
Everything is working fine for me, can you :

- Give me the dimmension of your product ?
- Try it with the "Group packages" set to YES
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Netmicah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56677 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
Group packages are set to yes. I have it set to exclude dimensions because if not, the ups plugin does not show up. My dimensions for the products are length .965 width .965 height .406

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56678 by Mohamed Thelji
Can you also give me the unit please :) ? and set the "Exclude dimensions" option to NO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56681 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
lbs when i set the exclude dimensions to no, ups does not show up on the front end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #56685 by Mohamed Thelji
I was talking about the volume's unit ;) , the fact that the UPS isn't displaid in your checkout must be coming from a product with a too big volume, you have to know that your Packages can't exceed the maximum length constraint of 108 inches.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56686 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
Okay go to the website usdi.biz. In the search bar, search for 3875, that is the product I am playing with. The dimensions are set, the weight is set. The product is less than an inch all around and weighs .05 lbs. Choose quantity 1, and quantity 2. The price jumps when the box only weighs .10 of a lbs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56691 by Mohamed Thelji
It's because the minimum weight that we can send to UPS is 1 LB, so your minimum package's weight will be 1 LB.
Can you please give me a screenshot of :

- Your product page
- Your UPS shipping page

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56694 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
I understand that, so with 2 products, the weight of the package should be 1.05 lbs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #56695 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56696 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56697 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
I understand that, so with 2 products, the weight of the package should be 1.05 lbs


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #56698 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
I understand that, so with 2 products, the weight of the package should be 1.05 lbs


[attachment:2]print screen2.bmp[/attachment]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56884 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

The data that will be sent to UPS will be :

- For 1 product
Weight : 1 LB
Length : 0.965
Width : 0.406
Height : 0.965

- For 2 products
Weight : 1 LB
Length : 0.965
Width : 0.812
Height : 0.965

Everything seem to be alright for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #56891 by kessler
Replied by kessler on topic Re: UPS Shipping Plugin
But it is not okay for my site. For this product, the price for shipping 1 item is 9.43 but for 2 items is 10.77. Is there any other areas I should look into changing to fix this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum