- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Redirect loop problems with Login & Checkout
Hi ,
I'm quite new to Joomla and this is the first time I've used Hikashop. It's a great module - at first everything was working correctly, but for some reason, possibly because I have incorrectly altered the config, I now face an endless redirect loop when attempting to login and checkout. If I am not logged in through Joomla I loop on the login page and cannot register either, if I am logged in thru Joomla I loop on the billing address page. I've sent my url to your inbox with the subject NOOB QUESTION ABOUT LOGIN PROBLEM, I would very much appreciate if you could take a quick look. I've read all the relevant posts and topics i can find and none seems to deal with the problem. However I'm sure it must be simple as i had it working perfectly before. Unfortunately I am a bit too new to php to be able to ascertain the source of the problem within the code but with guidance I am confident I can change it. Please help! Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure if you're talking about a redirect loop when without clicking, your browser keeps refreshing the same page endlessly, or if you're talking about the fact that when you click next, it doesn't go to the next step of the checkout and display the same page again.
The first case would be a first for us so I would need more information to help you, like if you use other components which could alter the login function or if you could give us the URL of your website so that we can look at it.
The second case usually happen when you're missing something in your configuration of payment/shipping plugins. You can follow the FAQ on that page to solve the problem:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I saw that you use a plugin called JCH optimize which apparently caches the CSS and the JS of your pages.
Could you deactivate it temporarily and try again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
thank you so much for the support, it's truly phenomenal! I've tried disabling the JCH optimize, to no effect. It is true that I installed it after last successfully testing the checkout so it could still be causing some problems. I presume the myapi is not a problem as I have scoured my root folder for all traces and removed whatever I could find. Do you think at this a reinstall might just sort it out? I don't want to go back to my last backup point because I (oops) havn't been doing it frequently enough :blush:
I'm racking my brains to think of any other change that may have affected it and all I can come up with is that I changed the urls to SEF. But changing all that back does not seem to resolve it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, did you change your checkout workflow (that's an option in the config) or edited hikashop views or files ? It could ba a problem with that as well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now all I see is that you don't have any payment methods displayed and it blocks the checkout. You should look at the link I gave earlier which explains all the possibilities of why your payment methods would not be displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can just go in the menu System->Payment methods and edit your paypal payment plugin to remove the zone restriction and that will do it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/shopping-cart/14275
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.