- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 0
registration problem
15 years 7 months ago #7558
by akirtlink
registration problem was created by akirtlink
I've somehow broken my registration page. It's not allowing new registrations. It has worked in the past. Can't figure out what I did.
Site: moreoftheking.com
Thanks for your help!
Amanda
Site: moreoftheking.com
Thanks for your help!
Amanda
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7559
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: registration problem
Registrations are working fine. I received the email with my account information on your website...
You activated the confirmation of users so the user has to click on the activation link on the email to continue the checkout.
Also, you don't have payment methods displayed. I invite you to look at the link below for that problem:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq
You activated the confirmation of users so the user has to click on the activation link on the email to continue the checkout.
Also, you don't have payment methods displayed. I invite you to look at the link below for that problem:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7569
by akirtlink
Replied by akirtlink on topic Re: registration problem
Thanks for working on this Nicolas. I've looked through the FAQ and must be missing something. I don't see the <jdoc:include type="component" /> tag in my index.php. The shipping and payment methods where showing up before I updated to the current version today. Could that be an issue? I've been able to register new accounts today as well but my client hasn't - not sure if that's because she's doing something wrong or if she thinks she hasn't been able to register because she can't see the shipping and payment methods.
Thanks
Amanda
Thanks
Amanda
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7574
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: registration problem
It's probably because when you register, you don't get any message telling you to check your emails for the activation link. The easiest will be to disable the activation of new accounts in the joomla configuration.
Concerning the payment methods, there must be something you're missing in the list of problems of the FAQ, otherwise, they would display. Could you please double check? If you don't see the <jdoc:include type="component" /> , then you should ask your template provider about the message tag.
Concerning the payment methods, there must be something you're missing in the list of problems of the FAQ, otherwise, they would display. Could you please double check? If you don't see the <jdoc:include type="component" /> , then you should ask your template provider about the message tag.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7695
by akirtlink
Replied by akirtlink on topic Re: registration problem
Hi Nicolas,
You're right registration was working I just didn't think it was because I couldn't see any payment/shipping options.
I've turned registration off, we didn't really want it anyway. Payment and shipping methods are showing up now but I don't have a next button to send buyers off to paypal to finish the transaction.
Amanda
PS - sorry to be such a pain...
You're right registration was working I just didn't think it was because I couldn't see any payment/shipping options.
I've turned registration off, we didn't really want it anyway. Payment and shipping methods are showing up now but I don't have a next button to send buyers off to paypal to finish the transaction.
Amanda
PS - sorry to be such a pain...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7697
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: registration problem
Once logged in, the next button should appear. It's not the case ? If so, could you provide us a user account so that we can test ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7701
by akirtlink
Replied by akirtlink on topic Re: registration problem
I'm confused. I've turned registration off so users won't need to register. How can they log in if they don't register?
As I've been testing on another browser without logging in I see that the next button is there but it just reloads the page, it doesn't send them off to paypal.
You can log in with:
Username : kirtlink
Password : babylove
I think I'll be buying the commercial version so that we can eliminate logging in altogether if that makes any difference in your reply.
As I've been testing on another browser without logging in I see that the next button is there but it just reloads the page, it doesn't send them off to paypal.
You can log in with:
Username : kirtlink
Password : babylove
I think I'll be buying the commercial version so that we can eliminate logging in altogether if that makes any difference in your reply.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7703
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: registration problem
Buying the commercial version won't make the login box disappear magically 
Removing registration doesn't mean that users shouldn't need to login. Some users handle registration of users in another way (a subscription component for example). Thus the login box is displayed if you disable registration.
You just need to remove the login and address view (addresses handling need user accounts) from the checkout workflow option in the configuration of hikashop.
Removing registration doesn't mean that users shouldn't need to login. Some users handle registration of users in another way (a subscription component for example). Thus the login box is displayed if you disable registration.
You just need to remove the login and address view (addresses handling need user accounts) from the checkout workflow option in the configuration of hikashop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 7 months ago #7710
by akirtlink
Replied by akirtlink on topic Re: registration problem
Ha! Mostly I want to get the upgraded version b/c I am so grateful for the fantastic support you've provided!
That worked great! We are now back in business...
Hopefully I won't come up with anything else to bug you with.
Amanda
That worked great! We are now back in business...
Hopefully I won't come up with anything else to bug you with.
Amanda
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds