Starter and Discounts
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
In Hikashop Starter, I know how to set discounts, but it discounts EVERYTHING the same amount. I've searched for the answer, but could not find it...
How do you select what products get what discount?
Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should take a look at our documentation, it's possible to create discount which apply only on one category or make it work with percentage. I think it will help you: www.hikashop.com/support/2013-08-08-00-1...p-discount-form.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I don't think that this can be possible without an Hikashop commercial version, or some Hikashop code customization.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Ok...thanks for the heads up. I was going to simply use the Starter for the first 2-3 years to make sure the business would get up off the ground, and if it did...upgrade later.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I used VirtueMart many years ago, and there I could set up a new discount and assign products to it, AND I could specify a discount within the product parameters. Very simple and straightforward. It also displayed the normal price in red and with a strikethrough, and made it very clear that this product is currently discounted. RedShop can do this also. I'm very surprised to learn that HikaShop can't. When will you implement this? Notice I asked "when", not "if".
Discounting just one product or an entire category is not sufficient. Coupons won't work either: 4 different discount rates will need to have a coupon each, that the customer needs to claim. Way too much hassle for both the customer and the shop owner.
HikaShop is good, but it needs a better discount system to be GREAT. I hope to see that soon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You create an unpbublished category and assign it to a discount.
Then, whenever you need to have that discount applied to a product, simply add that category as a second category to the product and that's it.
HikaShop will also display the new price next to the old price striken through if you configured the "show discounted prices" option of the configuration to do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
nicolas wrote: What you're describing is possible already in HikaShop.
You create an unpbublished category and assign it to a discount.
Then, whenever you need to have that discount applied to a product, simply add that category as a second category to the product and that's it.
HikaShop will also display the new price next to the old price striken through if you configured the "show discounted prices" option of the configuration to do that.
Nicolas, as mentioned in another post...I got sidetracked on a few issues, although I should have resolved this before my son was born, but I did not.
I currently have Hikishop Starter installed as it was what my webmaster setup for me. Am I able to assign different discounts to categories in the Starter Edition, or do I need the paid version?
I ask because since the start, I've been struggling to even break even on my website, and I've been given the chance to carry some exclusive items ONLY IF I don't discount them beyond what the manufacture does...so I NEED this to work as it will either make or break me on the business venture I'm trying to do.
If it won't work in the Starter Edition but will in the Business Edition, that's fine...but if it can work in the Starter Edition, please let me know what to do. I tried the quoted steps and either I'm doing it wrong, or it doesn't work in Starter Edition.
Thank you very much
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It won't work with the Starter edition, however it will work with both the Essential and the Business editions of HikaShop. And the Essential edition is half the price of the Business edition:
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hika-essential.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.