- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Hika Serial and Subscriptions
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #358267
by itvideo
Hika Serial and Subscriptions was created by itvideo
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.
-- PHP version -- : 7.8
Hello,
can hikaserial make automatic Subscriptions extend hikaserial serial number and how.
How make validity_end and validity in serial extend when Subscriptions pay.
Simple write, how extend serial number when user pay Subscriptions. I cant find how that make.
please help, thanks a lot.
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.
-- PHP version -- : 7.8
Hello,
can hikaserial make automatic Subscriptions extend hikaserial serial number and how.
How make validity_end and validity in serial extend when Subscriptions pay.
Simple write, how extend serial number when user pay Subscriptions. I cant find how that make.
please help, thanks a lot.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by itvideo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 8 months ago #358285
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hika Serial and Subscriptions
Hello,
You also sent an email via the "contact us" form. Sorry the answer took more than usual since it mixed questions between HikaSerial and HikaShop.
Subscriptions and Serials are not related/linked and like that I don't see the need of that.
Can you please explain us why you need that ?
The subscription already have its own workflow, can be renewed, can perform actions when activate and expire.
Regards,
You also sent an email via the "contact us" form. Sorry the answer took more than usual since it mixed questions between HikaSerial and HikaShop.
Subscriptions and Serials are not related/linked and like that I don't see the need of that.
Can you please explain us why you need that ?
The subscription already have its own workflow, can be renewed, can perform actions when activate and expire.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 8 months ago #358329
by itvideo
Replied by itvideo on topic Hika Serial and Subscriptions
Hello,
To clarify the problem. I have an application with a 1 year license and I want to allow the user to renew without creating a new serial key.
Licensing of the application is done through the web API.
Subscriptions would be a great option if only it had the option to change the validity_end in the Serial Hikashop module in that case user can expend licence(serial) every year without change serial.
Correct?
greetings,
To clarify the problem. I have an application with a 1 year license and I want to allow the user to renew without creating a new serial key.
Licensing of the application is done through the web API.
Subscriptions would be a great option if only it had the option to change the validity_end in the Serial Hikashop module in that case user can expend licence(serial) every year without change serial.
Correct?
greetings,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 8 months ago #358341
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hika Serial and Subscriptions
Hello,
Since you want to perform a renewal, you need to use the Subscription system, not the serial one.
I don't know what you means by "Licensing of the application is done through the web API", but yes, "consume" and "check" are not compatible with the subscriptions.
Subscriptions like Serials have the "extra data" which allows to store some "external" information into the object ; like the end of validity for the serial (used by some plugins), etc.
I don't understand your last sentence, which mix subscription with a serial concept ; thus I don't see what you want to achieve.
But the subscription is the feature that you want to use ; now you need to give us details regarding your (missing) needs so we can see how we can help.
Regards,
Since you want to perform a renewal, you need to use the Subscription system, not the serial one.
I don't know what you means by "Licensing of the application is done through the web API", but yes, "consume" and "check" are not compatible with the subscriptions.
Subscriptions like Serials have the "extra data" which allows to store some "external" information into the object ; like the end of validity for the serial (used by some plugins), etc.
I don't understand your last sentence, which mix subscription with a serial concept ; thus I don't see what you want to achieve.
But the subscription is the feature that you want to use ; now you need to give us details regarding your (missing) needs so we can see how we can help.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds