- Posts: 317
- Thank you received: 20
Looking for update
Thank you,
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We've moved forward. We got valid credentials from UPS and we're talking with their tech support while debugging the issues in the new plugin. I think we're not too far from something we can release and thus I think it will be available in the next version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you,
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you want the details, I'm sending this data to UPS:
I don't know how many problems like that I might have after this one. Maybe it will be smooth sailing for there, and I'll be able to provide a first working plugin in a few days. But it might take 2 months.
So I could say something random like "it will be in 2 weeks". But the reality is that I don't know.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We've been working on it for the past 2 weeks and we have a working first version of the plugin which we've successfully tested.
We'll be releasing with the next version of HikaShop in September.
If you want to try it out before then, please go through our contact form to request a copy:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
-Jim G.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
At UPS, I am unable to find "shipper number." This is per the field label in the plugin.
I think you mean the UPS account number.
Is there a separate thing called "shipper number?"
Beyond that is any other validation value called for?
You were developing documentation for the new Checkout plugin. Is that available somewhere?
Thanks again!
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The name of the field in the UPS API is "shipperNumber" so we used that as the label of the option without thiking deeper into it.
Based on whar you're saying, I also think it would make sense to change it to "UPS account number", since that's what it is.
Thanks for the feedback.
The PayPal Checkout payment plugin documentation is available here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...alcheckout-form.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
These must be 2 letter codes.
So the code for the USA is US
And the code for Michigan is MI
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There are other display issues but this is the big one - the one that is still making it impossible to launch. Would you be willing to log in and take a quick look? If there is a service fee, okay. It may well be a setting I just can't comprehend. I thought that if we published a shipping method, it would publish to checkout. Maybe not...
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's not that simple.
UPS requires the product to have a weight and potentially dimensions. So please check that it is the case.
Also, on your screenshot, it seems that you, as a customer, didn't enter your shipping address yet (you need to click on the "next" button above the red error message to validate the fields you filled in the address form above, so that the UPS shipping plugin sees your address and send it to UPS to be able to retrieve the rates).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
An error occurred. The connection to the UPS server could not be established.
10401 ClientId is Invalid
I thought this might have something to do with sandbox mode. But no that's not it. Whether payment plugin is set to sandbox or production, error still occurs. The plugin is not connecting to UPS.
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not doubting you. So far you hadn't said you had set a weight and dimensions in your product, and since that's a common problem when people are configuring their products, I was just pointing at that possibility.
The error message indicates that the client ID provided in your shipping method settings page is wrong.
You indeed need to provide your UPS client id and client secret.
I used the paypal translation keys there, but because you didn't update your HikaShop you don't have the translations for these and thus, instead of seeing "client id" and "client secret", you see the translation keys.
Go in your HikaShop configuration page, and under the Languages tab, edit your language file. There, click on the "load latest version from our server" button and save. When you go back to the shipping method, you'll see just "client id" and "client secret" as everyone else using the plugin in the future will see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then I will do as you suggest and we'll have another go. However, I have a lot of other language overrides in place. Please assure me they won't be overwritten?
I am going to look upon this process at a beta test and be patient and cheerful, expecting some teething issues. I know we will eventually get it all working. It's never easy going first.
Thank you,
-Jim G
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.