Skip to main content

Lots of abandoned cartes due to bots

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #264049 by jvstratum
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

Hi,

I just deleted a huge amount of abandoned carts. I wondered why they were there. One one day there were more abandoned carts then visitors. I noticed that these carts had something in common. They all contained only one product and most of the time five abandoned carts were created within one minute.

I checked my server acces log and found out that bots were causing this. I've blocked the worst bot on server level. But there are still other bots doing the same every now and then.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening from within Hikashop?

Best regards,

Joep
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by jvstratum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #264050 by nicolas
Hi,

We've added a patch on our end to avoid that. Download the install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jvstratum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #264168 by jvstratum
I've downloaded and installed Hikahop (Buld 1703031610) again, but the problem is still there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #264169 by Jerome
Hi,

Please check that you right have the content
Code:
rel="nofollow"
For your "add to cart" button.
That code is there to indicate to the bots to not follow the "add to cart" link.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #264340 by jvstratum
The rel="nofollow" is present, but bots were still adding products to the cart. I've added this line to my robots.txt:

Disallow: /*updatecart/add*

Problem solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #264345 by nicolas
Hi,

If the nofollow is in the links, then bots shouldn't trigger the links. If they do, it means that they didn't yet reindex the pages where these links are and don't know yet that the links are "nofollow".
A disallow is indeed a solution for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #313582 by Giscard
Hello,

I have the same issue. How can I fix/block them?
Should I install this: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...-with-recaptcha.html

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I have install ReCaptcha but bit is still doing it work.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Giscard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #313585 by nicolas
Hi,

You should add a line:
Code:
Disallow: /*updatecart/add*
in the robots.txt of your website.
Captcha won't help you with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #318488 by Giscard
Hello and I hope that you are well,

For 5 months and after I add the line that you suggested bots couldnt recreate carts.
But now it seems that that they can do that, but in a smaller amount.

Is there something that I can do to prevent that from happening?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #318504 by nicolas
Hi,

The robots.txt solution is only optional. Search engines can enforce it, but they can also ignore it.
A better version of this, is to add custom rules in your htaccess to deny bots access to these URLs.
stackoverflow.com/questions/10735766/blo...ectory-with-htaccess
Beware not to block access to all your website to google's crawler when you do. Your SEO ranking would drop badly with Google not being able to access the pages you want it to access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giscard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #318670 by Giscard
Hello nicolas,

I will test that.

Thank you for helping me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #331580 by Jokingmind
Just a quick note for those with multi-language site: remember to prefix the rule with the language:
Disallow: /it/*updatecart/add*
Disallow: /en/*updatecart/add*
Disallow: /fr/*updatecart/add*
This seems to work
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum