Text Color Display Will Not Change After Update to 4.2.2

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312631

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12

After updating from 4.2.1 over to 4.2.2, the colored wording in the Shipping Description boxes has gone from Highlighted Yellow or Green with Black Text...to Highlighted Yellow or Green with White Text...OR...no highlighting at all with Black Text.

No matter what I've tried, I cannot get the Black Text to show up when something is highlighted, and I cannot get the highlight to show up when the Black Text words as it seems anything with an indented line and bullet point will NOT highlight unless I leave them as white text which you then cannot read.

I even tried creating a new entry in the Shipping options, and it too has the same issue. Attached are screen shots from 4.2.1 and a comparison to 4.2.2 of the exact same Shipping Description. I changed nothing just before, or after updating to 4.2.2

Any help would be appreciated...thank you!

4.2.1 (this is how it is supposed to look)

4.2.2 (this is how it turns out after the update)

4.2.2 With White Text shows Highlights EXCEPT top line!

I will email over site info as this is not just live, but on a test site along with login info for the back end of the test site.

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
4 years 5 months ago #312651

Hello,

This may mean that some html class have changed (or some html have been added or moved in Html page), you have to use your inspector tool in order to adjust your Css selector .
Point your Html then right-click and select inspector (inspector-tool or inspect etc...)

Then, you will be able to see html structure, and Css commands on the right, and even process some test by write your new Css command directly in the Css commands part, it's very useful to define your new css command, before add it to your
frontend file or style Css .
The better way is to have a clone with the 4.2.2, and maybe your production website in 4.2.1 and make comparison to better see what needs to be adjust.

Hope this will help you to solve your issue.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312694

Thanks for the reply Philip,

I haven't edited the CSS for those listings. I'm editing them directly in the shipping plugin settings using the built in editor from Joomla as shown in the attached image (for now the 1st 3 lines are italic & bold so hopefully people don't miss it as they won't highlight).

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 611
4 years 5 months ago #312706

Hello,

So, maybe you can add directly here, some inline Css in order to "dress" your text ?
Right now, I can say more because as I can't see your css in the context, I'm not able to tell you why it suddenly stop working.
Don't forget, you can add an "!important" to increase your command css hierarchy.

example :
<html style="css-command= value !important;"></html>

Hope this will help you.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313911

Philip,

Just an update on this...it was finally resolved. Nothing to do with HikaShop after all. During your help on the Display issue with the mobile & desktop text entry boxes, which you supplied an updated HikaShop version (link below for that thread)...I was still having issues with the live site but the test site was displaying everything correctly.

As such, I contacted my hosting provider, and they tried a few things, last of which was a "complete server cache flush" which I obviously don't have access to. Now...these highlighted areas are working as they were once before and so are the entry boxes on the previous thread here:

www.hikashop.com/support/forum/product-c...n-mobile.html#313881

SO...if anyone else is having the same issues...try reaching out to your host to request the flush. Hopefully that will resolve things for you folks as well.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds