SOLVED: Checkout Workflow now working

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #31452

As I had so much trouble (1 full days work) getting the Checkout Workflow to work consistently (so far), i thought i'd post my settings here. If not for others, at least I can refer back myself.

My requirements were:
1. no login required
2. enter Name & Address
3. choose shipping
4. choose payment options

Seemed easy enough, but the Documentation about the Workflow in my eyes was not self explanatory. Which is difficult given all the options.

Example, if you don't want registration, that's obvious to set Login=No and Registration=No registration.

But, to be able to capture their "Address", you still need Login in the Workflow. Address on it's own doesnt work.

Just that simple requirement took hours of scrolling through the forums to find a comment from Nicholas stating that. And many page refreshes, cache emptyings and punching the screen.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
12 years 5 months ago #31469

The fact that the address view cannot work without the login view in the checkout workflow is clearly stated in the checkout workflow documentation:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...config.html#checkout

Please also note that addresses are linked to user accounts so you can't have the address view without the login view.

We'll add a check in next version of HikaShop so that you cannot remove the login view if you still have the address view in the checkout workflow to avoid the problem to others.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #31566

Nicholas, it may be clear to some, but i didn't understand that from the documentation.

The same as this option, i really don't quite understand what your'e saying here:

Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection : You can deactivate here the auto submission of the checkout form new information when a user select a new shipping/payment method.

I don't get what that means?

I'm still having issues with the above setup.

Yesterday morning I tested the checkout process by doing a test purchase. It worked fine, all the steps were there.

Then in the afternoon I tried it at a different location on a different PC, and the "Shipping Option" didn't show up.

Perhaps it's a missing weight in one of the products, or something. I havent had time to come back to it yet.

But, that Auto Shipping option, what exactly does it do or not do please??

12 years 5 months ago #31582

That option means that if you deactivate it the user will have to click on next to validate its shipping/payment selection while if you activate it, the shipping/payment selection will be validated immediately when the user select another shipping/payment method.

If you have a problem with the shipping options during the checkout you should check the FAQ on that page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
Most likely, it could be that you didn't set a weight for the product you added to your cart.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago #176396

*** HIKASHOP v 2.3.4 ***

Hi guys,

Having the same issue than above...
I need to get a straight :
- check cart
- give the email
- give the adress
- pay

No registration, no login, no login field, nothing else (like on this site : dimepol.fr/commander )
I'm even thinkin about changing eShop solution !

Yes indeed it is stated that you need the login view to have the adress field... But that's the point : I don't want it !!!!!
How can I do that simple thing ? No idea... Still loosing time doing trials.

Nicolas : you seem to say that this is possible. but in the Documentation ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...config.html#checkout ) there is this sentence : '...Please also note that addresses are linked to user accounts so you can't have the address view without the login view.' !!!

I can't believe that such an option is not possible in HikaShop ! It would mean that HikaShop can't do straight simple thing like that. Complex things, yes, but no simple thing like that ?

Again, my customer explicitly want the same functioning than on dimepol.fr/commander and I just cannot deliver this with HikaShop !!

Please tell me I'm wrong... And of course tell me how to do this soon !

HELP !!!
I need this by tomorrow morning !!

MANY thanks in advance
D
:(

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by DomJam. Reason: Change title... HELP PLEASE !

9 years 6 months ago #176419

Hi,

You're wrong.
Note that this thread is almost 3 years old and that at that time, HikaShop was young and didn't have a "guest checkout" capability.
Yes, the documentation says that you need to have the "login" view on the checkout if you want to have the "address" view and that's still the case. But you can have a guest checkout nonetheless.
For that, set the "registration" option of the HikaShop configuration to "guest", remove the "address" view from the checkout, and turn off the "login" option of the "Login & registration" section.
You'll get a page with the same fields as your link and without registration although the look will be the look of HikaShop, but you can further tweak the page with CSS if you want the same display.

9 years 6 months ago #176484

Hi

Well.

I did exactly as you said (check it: www.programme-minceur.eu/?betab=1 )

Things look good. BUT if you try to order (very quick trial) then... you can go up to the payment step without any address requirement !

INFO:

Checkout process set-up in Hikashop (very simple):
- 'Cart status'
- 'Delivery'
- 'Payment'

More info:
- I checked : my product require a delievry. So what's wrong ?
- if I add the 'Address' field in the second step for instance, I have the 'waring' message and then it is not possible to the next step.

What's going on ?
What should I do ?

Something is indeed going wrong... :( :(
Or I missed something.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
I really need to solve this by tomorrow, I had a meeting today. Customer not so happy to not be able to finalize order...

HELP!

Dominique

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by DomJam. Reason: Hoping for quick answer...

9 years 6 months ago #176502

Hi,

You didn't do as I said.
You removed the login view from the checkout workflow option. I didn't say that you should do that.
Because of that, you don't get the email and address fields on your checkout.
Add the login view back in the checkout workflow and it will work.
Instead, I said that you should turn off the "login" option of the "Login & registration" section of the configuration, which is something else.

9 years 6 months ago #176529

Hi again,

And thanks for your answer.

Actually I tried this before, but clicking on 'Next' was not doing anything, so I thought this was not it.
I added it back into the checkout flow.

Issue is still here: even if you enter a valid email, clicking on 'Next' just reload the same page again and again.
It never goes to next step.

Please check again : www.programme-minceur.eu/?betab=1

Many thanks for letting me know what to do now, as I am in the end still stuck.
I'll do more test over the evening to see if I find the reason...

--> checked several things, but I'm still stuck to step 2, where I placed the 'Login' field : I only have to enter the email adresse, that's fine, but then if I do so and punch 'Next' nothing happen...

Did you had time to check yet ? Any idea ?
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
D

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by DomJam.

9 years 6 months ago #176668

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry to bother you on this, but do you have an idea why a click on 'Next' is not doign anything (despite that an email has been provided) ? I really don't know what to do now. And need to finish this this afternoon...

Many thanks in advance,
Dominique

9 years 6 months ago #176669

Hi,

I don't see why it would do that.
Could you provide a backend access to your website via our contact form so that we could check your settings ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Also, I see that you removed the address fields from the registration form. If you don't add the "address" view in your checkout workflow, you want to activate the display of the address fields on the registration form so that the get displayed below the email field.

9 years 6 months ago #176682

Hi Nicolas,

I just sent you an email with admin string, log and pass.
Also, don't forget that frontend is accessible via: www.programme-minceur.eu?betab=1

Indeed, I removed by mistake the address field (did many trials) but that still doesn't appear... (I placed it back, see screenshot).
Could you let me know what I did wrong afterwards if you manage to solve it ? Then next time I'll be able to avoid such research.

Many thanks in advance,
Dominique

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by DomJam.

9 years 6 months ago #176691

Hi again Nicolas,

Apologize for bothering you again with this. Have you found what is going on on this ?
Do not hesitate to ask if you need anything else on this.

Hoping to get this solve soon,
Many thanks in advance,

Dominique

9 years 6 months ago #176700

Hi,

I got your access, but I couldn't access either the HikaShop configuration nor the Joomla configuration so it didn't help.
Could you provide access to these areas as well as these are where we need to look ?

PS: there is no need to send several messages. We reply as fast as possible.

9 years 6 months ago #176722

Hi,

You are now super user so you 'll have all access needed.
Many thanks to let me know as soon as you can as I have to deliver this site by tomorrow afternoon...

Many thanks
Dominique

9 years 6 months ago #176771

Hi,

I was able to access the configuration now but the frontend is not accessible anymore so I couldn't do any tests.
I thought that the website was in maintenances but I checked your configuration and that wasn't the case so I don't know what you did but could you activate the frontend display so that I can look at the issue there ?

I'm sorry but it's been two days I'm trying to check your website and you can't ask us to solve an issue in such a short notice while we can't see settings and look at the issue.

9 years 6 months ago #176772

Thanks for your time

2 times before I told you (see above) that front-end is accessible via : www.programme-minceur.eu/?betab=1
Sorry I should have repeated that.

Thanks for help
D

9 years 6 months ago #176775

You problem is apparently related to this one:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/87...to-falang-1-4-2.html
Please update the Falang extension to the latest version on your website and try again.

9 years 6 months ago #176776

Thanks for your message.

I just upgraded to 1.4.4 --> nothing changed.
I therefore de-activate all Falang extensions / module / plugins --> nothing changed, problem still here.

Any other idea ?
Thanks

D

9 years 6 months ago #176785

Hi,

Great, that fixed one issue. The other one was this one: www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/872491-c...-message/176448.html
I've applied the patch on your website and the guest checkout now works fine on your website.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds