several problems with HikaShop

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 7 months ago #277965

Hi, I am using Hikashop Essential and I created an online shop but it still runs on a test site. Unfortunately the shop doesn't work like I want and would like to ask for help:
1. how can I show in my sale site the old price and the new price and how can I show the old price as crossed price? I gave two prices in the product but it just show me the reduced price. And is it possible to make individual discounts, not the same discount for all products?
2. When I click in the product and the single product site opens, the text overlap the cart button.
see this link: test08052017-9888894sw.webtech-websoluti...nhalter-diamond-teak . I just can avoid this by writing some <br> at the beginning of the description text. (see test08052017-9888894sw.webtech-websoluti...flocke-weiss-2er-set ) but at all the cart button also not works when I click on it. How to change this (s. screenshot 1)?
3. In the single product page I want give information about delivery status and time, green sign for deliverable, yellow for just some parts in stock, and red sign for not deliverable at the moment. (like in screenshot 2)
4. How can I change the position of the cart. I want have a cart icon in the menu bar (like in screenshot 3)
5. What is the best way to make a login and registration page for the customers where the customers can see their orders and status? How can I change the fields of the registration form into german. I installed the language package but a lot of words are still in english, like the registration form. I tried to do a test login as a test customer but it doesn't work the login after registration.

I'd be really thankful for help. I tried to solve these points but I couldn't. I hope you will help me with this.

regards,
simone

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 7 months ago #277992

Hi,

1. Instead of entering several prices in the product, you should have the base price only, without the discount there.
Then, go in the menu Orders>Discounts, create a discount associated with that product with the discount amount you want and that's it.
The system will calculate the discounted price automatically.
Then, in the HikaShop configuration, make sure that the "Show discounted price" setting is set to display the price before the discount is applied and you'll see both price with the base price being crossed for you.

2. The problem comes from the CSS:

#hikashop_product_bottom_part {
    position: absolute;
    width: 50%;
    top: 27%;
    right: 0;
}
in the file /templates/sannesshop/css/default.css of your template.
This CSS moves the description area on top of the right area. And thus, when you try to click on an element of the right area, you're actually clicking on the description area which is overlaying it.
Instead of that dirty CSS trick to move the description on the right side, it would be better to have a view override of show_default with the description area moved at the end of the right side area.
You'll probably have to contact your template provider for that, so that they can properly implement that... as a quick fix while your template provider sort that out, you can remove that CSS from the template and you'll have the description back to its default place and the issues solved.

3. You can create custom fields of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields. These can be filled or selected on the product edition page and then displayed on the product page automatically for you. You can even use img html tags in the values of the custom fields so that you can have color icons if need be.

4. Just create a menu item of the type HikaShop cart via the joomla menu manager in your main menu and when you click on it, you'll be directed to the cart.

5. I suppose that you're talking about a user account area where customers can see their orders history and status.
You can create a menu item of the type "HikaShop user control panel" for that via the Joomla menu manager.

I would believe that most of the text is already translated in german by default.
But if you're missing some translations for your language, you can edit the translation file as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#translate

Regarding "I tried to do a test login as a test customer but it doesn't work the login after registration." I can't say without more details. What do you mean by "it doesn't work" ? You get an error message ? You get a blank page ? You get redirected back to the form ? Something else ? Please be more precise so that we can help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wollini2001

6 years 7 months ago #278159

Hi Nicolas,

First, thank you very much for this great help.
The most problems I could solve.:)

Just point 3 and 5 I haven't done yet.
to 3: I don't understand these customer fields so much. Don't know which options I have to choose for make it, but I will work with this. :)
to 5: Have several problems:
First, I tried to do a registration with diferent mail accounts and diferent test user but I didn't receive always a confirmation mail. So, for the account I received this mail (see attach), I click on the link and I fill in the login dates which I got in this mail. But than I get a error message (see screenshot).
Second, with my admin account I can login and I test the functions in "my skandibutik" and doing an order. but I missing the option to do a logout. How can I do this? When it has login fields, it also should have a logout button, not?. But I can't find this option.

I will send you the test url again: test08052017-9888894sw.webtech-websolutions.de/index.php
There you can see, it has a cart icon now in the menu bar and I did a customer area "my skandibutik" (by menu manager, type "HikaShop user control panel").
And under "my skandibutik" customer profile, can I remove the basis settings from the form at the end? (see screen 2-2)

I also enclose a confirmation mail with the login dates of a test user.

I hope it was clear what I mean. :)

Thank you very much in advance
Kind regards,
Simone

Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #278209

Hi,

3. You can read more about them here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html

5. If you didn't receive the confirmation email for some email addresses, it's probably a spam issue. You can check your emails with www.mail-tester.com
You can also deactivate the confirmation of new accounts in the settings of the Joomla user manager.

6. If you can't login on the frontend with a user account, it means that either the account is blocked or that its user groups are not allowed to login on the frontend as per the Joomla ACL rules. So you need to check them. It's not linked to HikaShop.

7. The profile page is a joomla page not a HikaShop page. The basic settings there can be deactivated in the settings of the Joomla user manager.

Please understand that this forum is only for HikaShop related issues. For more general Joomla questions, please post on forum.joomla.com

6 years 7 months ago #278356

Hi,
Thanks for your help again and sorry, when I ask again new questions.:unsure:

I still have the problem with 3. and also results other questions.

- I did a customized field and chose in table: "product" with a customized text. This text shall be valid for all products and shall apear in all single product sites. this field is now in the products but it doesn't appear in the frontend single product page. I can't find the reason for this. is it maybe because I need the Business edition? (see screenshots 1-3)

- If it would work, it would be written "specifications" above the customized text, right? But this I wouldn't like. Could I remove this?

- in product: when I want to fill in the quantity which is in stock, this quantity also appears in the frontend single product page under the price per item. (see screenshot 4) But I don't want that the customer can see the stock amount. Can I deactivate this? If yes, where? Or can I just overwrite it by f.e. "in stock", "shortly available"? And if there are no items in stock anymore, it will appears a message "out of stock" or "0 items in stock"?

- in checkout: when I put an item in the cart and continue it appears automatically the lines: "You chose the shipping method: DHL",
"You chose the payment method: PayPal". Where can I edit this? DHL would be correct but not automatically PayPal. (see screenshot 5)

Thank you very much for your help again.
best regards,
Simone

6 years 7 months ago #278371

Hi,

1. No, that's normal. Custom product fields display their "inputs" on the product edition screen. The "custom text" type is a special type of custom fields, allowing you to display text instead of inputs on that form. This type of custom product field doesn't display anything on the frontend product page as its goal is to help the user on the inputs form to fill in the form.
I would recommend to either use a custom product field of the type "text" and set a default value for it. That way, when you create a new product, the default value will be saved in it and it will display on the product page on the frontend.
Alternatively, yes, you can create a custom field of the table "item" and of the type "custom text" as custom item fields allow you to have inputs on the product page in the frontend, but that's only with the Business edition.

2. You can remove/change such text of the interface with translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

3. Same as point 2, you can use translation overrides to modify that text.

4. You need to change the "checkout workflow" in the HikaShop configuration. The "status" block you have is normally used in the last step of the checkout, as a verification step so that the customer can check that he chose the correct shipping / payment methods.
Having it on the first step of the checkout alone is really strange.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wollini2001

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds