- Posts: 86243
- Thank you received: 14232
Donation Plugin
To do that, usually, we recommend to add a characteristic with the two possibilities as values to the product. That way you can configure the subscription plan only for the monthly donation variant of the product via the "manage variants" button after adding your characteristic to the product.
That way, the system will handle the switch automatically.
It's normal that you don't get anything in the POST in the views as there is a redirect done to the checkout after the add to cart process. If you want to get the products in the cart, you should use such code:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried the characteristics, but I came across two products.
1 - Characteristics created, Saved (Variants created), clicked manage variants to edit one of them. But I can't figure out how to configure the recurring payment method for that variant or normal paypal for the single.
The only option close to this is the ability to block a shipping method under 'Shipping Prices' but it has not effect.
eway still come up pre selected.
2 - Characteristics are not displayed in the content module plugin. Or is it?
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1.I though that you were using Akeeba Susbcriptions in order to have subscriptions and in that case, you can attach the subscription plan to the variant/product so that the recurring can apply to the variant/product or not.
But now, read your older posts, I see that you're just using the PayPal recurring plugin. In that case, what I proposed won't help.
Instead, it will be more complex.
You would have to create two warehouses one for each type of variant. Then, assign each variant to a different warehouse.
Duplicate your shipping methods, one set for each warehouse (with the warehouse restriction option of the shipping methods). And finally restrict your payment methods based on the shippin methods. That way, you'll see the payment methods corresponding to the warehouse of the product in the cart.
2. Characteristics selection is not possible on listings or in the HTML output of the product content plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Does this plugin have the ability to set a minimum donation amount? (such as some of the examples on this link?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ct&task=show&cid=214
And as you can see there, you can enter the price you want to donate int he field above the add to cart and it will be used as the price to pay in the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Our site needs that option.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is not this option in the plugin, so you will have to edit the plugin and add this kind of code at the beginning of the function "hikashop_product_price_for_quantity_in_cart()":
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For example:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I update the demo website in order to remove the "template override" for the quantity butttons.
It allows to use the option "Layout on product page". I set the value "simple" for the donation product and not you could see the result.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
please help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have named the custom field "amount" ?
Please give us more details on the settings, etc.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now is it possible to restrict donation payment to go to a specified payment type instead of the one ecommerce account ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For what I tested in your website, the donation plugin seems to work. I can enter an amount and the product amount in the checkout is the right one.
But, I am sorry, I don't understand your last question.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.scfa.edu.au/j3/skin-hospital/donate
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not able to access your link anymore ( take.ms/SabSk ) and I don't see what you mean in your question.
Could you maybe do some screenshot so that we can see what you're talking about more easily ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.