Skip to main content

Donation Plugin

More
11 years 8 months ago #186106 by phil2010
Replied by phil2010 on topic Donation Plugin
www.scfa.edu.au/j3/skin-hospital/donate
I have copied everything exactly and still stuck. I have no idea what is going wrong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #186124 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Donation Plugin
Hi,

It's probably because you must have the "Display add to cart button for free products" option turned off in the HikaShop configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192455 by DaveOzric
Replied by DaveOzric on topic Donation Plugin
Do you still have a demo of a donation somewhere. This link is not working.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192490 by phil2010
Replied by phil2010 on topic Donation Plugin
Sadly it is most defiantly on, if it where off, the html would be hidden not excluded :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192492 by phil2010
Replied by phil2010 on topic Donation Plugin
here is the problem page

afford.com.au/support-our-work/make-a-donation-sp-123

if you click on the money it opens the product page which works perfectly. but the custom code is not getting through to the module. I just wanted donators to enter there donation and go the the payment page.

It works perfectly on a another site I am building with identical settings.

skin.com.au/j3/donate

I think it code be a hidden pho code error or conflict

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192511 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Donation Plugin
Hi,

@DaveOzric

Do you still have a demo of a donation somewhere. This link is not working.

Yes ; You can easily find the new donation page in the demo website ; it's under "hikashop > product page > donation page".
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...t-page/donation-page

@phil2010
Did you turn on the donation plugin via the Joomla plugins manager ? I don't see any other reason. Your custom field looks like it is configured properly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #192571 by phil2010
Replied by phil2010 on topic Donation Plugin
Yes. But you can see that since it only does not appear in the module. The product works fine. If you look at the generated code you can see that the custom code is not being generated on the module.

Where is the code for the product module in hike shop. Maybe I can find the cause there ... it is not a setting issue. If it were, I would see the custom code has hidden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #192574 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Donation Plugin
Hi,

I'm thinking that you might have that issue:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/product-c...uct-view.html#192549

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #192660 by sedonasky
Replied by sedonasky on topic Donation Plugin
Can your donation plugin be used concurrently with the (Akeeba) subscription plugin? Do you know of any sites that are doing this?

We manage educational non-profits, so our ideal method to maximize donations is to offer a firm minimum donation of $50 (for example) for a 3 month subscription ($80 for 6 month, etc).

Is this possible with Hikashop Donation Plugin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #192671 by phil2010
Replied by phil2010 on topic Donation Plugin
I will leave that to the experts, but in my understanding the donation plug in is very simple and does not allow this kind of regular donation just a straight forward single transaction. PayPal do a good job for that I read in an other post. It would be a nice feature for the future

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #192677 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Donation Plugin
Hi,

The donation plugin is a plugin which is working with an item custom field : and you can assign the custom field to a specific category, so to specific products.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #196834 by anchorpointfilms
Replied by anchorpointfilms on topic Donation Plugin
Is the donation plugin only available for HikaShop Business? I am working to help some friends develop a site and they have purchased HikaShop Essential. I am thinking that maybe I have to tell them to upgrade to Business if they want to use the Donations plugin?

Thanks, Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #196866 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Donation Plugin
Hi,

Yes. The Donation plugin requires the creation of a custom field of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields and that is only possible with the Business edition of HikaShop.
It is possible to upgrade from the Essential to the Business edition on this page:
www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #198260 by lionel75
Replied by lionel75 on topic Donation Plugin
the french post is
www.hikashop.com/forum/5-support-en-fran...5-module-de-don.html and also cover most of the question about donation .

A1) Could Hikashop update or create a documentation about howto use this plugin ? In many case the issue problem to use donation are the same !! ( automatic subcription , compatible mailing list ....... )

A2) Why use a near categories Label the value Donation ?
Can i have more information about how work this field Label name Categories ?
Is it the same categories (hiearchy ) we use for products !
Is it use for Search ? filter ?, for module ? for menu link item ?

A3) Can i have also more information on the field product near categories ?

A4) when
  • categorie hiearchy is create ( only one item of name donation )
  • custom field is create
  • plug in donation is create
-what is the requirement for create a product that ll be use this donation plugin ?
-How many ways i have to call this product on a page ? ( link menu , module ?)

A5) what is the role of the table item ? Have you got some project name that use it ?
i understand that for product , custom filed are append to table product and product name use ca nbe easy understand ?.... but item !!
Bé)The documentation should point that custom field has dynamic field
  • select Table item show new red field
  • select Field Type : Text show grren fields

C) Does multi categories ll be supported by jomla in v3.2. In this case Does HKS ll use the joomla way ? I undertsand now that HKS use a lot of dynamic group field that appear after select or after save ( great ) .

D)I find the documentation cubersome to find ( great hks slide effect on HKS doc but for this if for buyer not for developper ..... ) . I post one day in HKS a page with all the links and you remove it . Each extension name ( plug in , module component) should have a page
Here a composite capture screen that show relation beetween the word amount .

E) Does donation support both in the same time predefine value( 10 $ 20 $ 30$) using variant characteristic ? and free space input field for give tha amount of money we want like in the hikashop demo web site ?

E) This donation plugin is a great way to learn more about HKS plug in API !!! what is the name of the php source file ? ( plg_system_custom_price ? )

Attachment not found




demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...t-page/donation-page

Attachment not found




Attachment not found



Attachment not found



HKS is great !! perhaps i ll find some informations in the forum ( great ) !!
Thank's
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by lionel75.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #198279 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Donation Plugin
Hi,

A1 / It is already in our TODO list.
For the rest of your point, I don't see the link with the feature of the donation plugin.

A2 / I don't understand the questions.

A3 / www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...shop-field-form.html
You got a custom item field ; you can affect it to products of categories or to specific products.
Fresh new feature hat we listed in our changelog
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html

A4 / I don't understand the question.

B / I don't understand the meaning of this point.

C / I don't understand why you're talking about Joomla categories ; there is no link.

Does multi categories ll be supported by jomla in v3.2


D / Our documentation page allow to group the pages in different groups and the search allow you to pick easily a documentation page using the right word.
If you want to have a page with links to our documentation, you can make your own but that's not the goal of our forum to contain that.

E / If you're using variant with price I don't see why you will need the donation plugin to let the user enter the price he wants.
That's the opposite goal of the feature.

E2 or F / You gave the answer of your own question.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #201685 by marietek
Replied by marietek on topic Donation Plugin
Hello,
I "think" that I did all what I found in all the articles about "donation" in the forum, I have visited the demo site in back and front end...
My new field give me the right preview expected, the plugin " HikaShop Donation plugin" is "on" in joomla plugin and uses the right name of the filed.
But in my front end donation page, I dont see any filed for the amount, like in your exemple.
And it don' take correctly the caracteristics that is use otherwise for classical product with exact price in the same space (but in a different category).
The only "wrong" thing possible, is that I don't see the "HikaShop Donation plugin" in the Hikashop plugin List ?
Why?
Thanks to all
marietek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #201699 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Donation Plugin
Hi,

If you don't see the field for the amount, the issue is most likely with how you configured your custom field.
You probably didn't select the "item" table when creating it, or you restricted it to a category not linked with the product, or you restricted to a user group which your user is not attached to, or you didn't activate the "frontend" display setting of the custom field.

If you could provide a screenshot of the settings of your custom field, it would help tell you what's wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marietek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #201768 by marietek
Replied by marietek on topic Donation Plugin
Hello Nicolas
With a work on parameters, I have found the way for the field for the amount.

But I have still problem to show the caracteristics.
I put different screens in the attachments.
Can you find the reason ?
Have a nice day
marietek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #201783 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Donation Plugin
Hi,

I'm sorry but there is no attachment to your current message.
Please be sure that the attachment is not too big ; Kunena is also refusing some file extensions but you can use images (jpeg, png) without any trouble.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marietek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #201821 by marietek
Replied by marietek on topic Donation Plugin
Hello
Thinking this night... I found the way to succed...
All is Hikashop... Just find it!
Bad parameters to add the carateristics.
Thanks a lot for the help
marietek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum