Add tab on product page
Are you sure that you do not have an error in your page ? That the tabs are working properly ?
Because the product description is displayed the same between the "show_default" and the "show_tabular".
A link to your product page will help us to tell you more about the possible problem ; like that it is the only ideas I got.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can give you access to the site.
Do you have a private account to avoid to share my access on this topic ?
Cheers !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can use our contact form with a link to this thread for that:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am not able to find a link to HikaShop in your menu, nothing pointing to a product listing or a product page
So, I display a product page myself (but without a menu) using this url
In the second tab the content is mainly black so it's difficult to see it, but the content is there.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried your link and I saw the product page without problem.
What is the difference with that link where there is no content ? It is the same product page ?!
index.php/nl/producten/producten-pellet-kachels-hout-gas-persempre/product/6-brunico
Many thanks !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In your page, some other plugins/extensions are loaded and they break the jQuery lib.
Due to that, the page is displaying javascript errors.
So please replace in the view "prodyct | show_tabular", the lineUncaught ReferenceError: hkjQuery is not defined
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,
Sure, but you'll have to use some custom fields to do that, like ""AAAAAA" or "BBBBB" custom fields that you'll restrict to only some products by using the "category" restriction.
What do you mean with category restriction ? Can you explain step by step how to do that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jerome wrote: Hi,
As explained in the Xavier's reply, the tab is composed of two elements ; one "li" for the tab text and one "div" for the tab content.
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...uct-page.html#171132
You can use the given content without specific modification or you can replace the text "hikashop_show_tabular_custom1" everywhere.
Regards,
Could you please be more specific? Can you explain step by step what to do? I tried different things but nothing works....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
1. You'll have to :
- Add your product on a custom un-published category
- Use that category through the category restriction of your custom fields.
2. Firstly can you tell me what do you exactly want to do ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
And that the tab can be filled in in the backend.
I need a step by step tutorial.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can see the Xavier explanation:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...r-layout.html#134816
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
// The tab part
<li id="hikashop_show_tabular_custom1_li" class="hikashop_tabs_li ui-corner-top"><a onclick="displayTab('hikashop_show_tabular_custom1');" href="javascript:void(0);">My custom tab 1</a></li>
// And the content part
<div class="hikashop_tabs_content" id="hikashop_show_tabular_custom1">
// Your content
</div>
This says that you can add the above to the tabbed view, but as I am a novice to programming code, I can't see where I am supposed to add the above text. I tried adding it at the top of the module and also at the bottom, but both times it displayed nothing. Can you please give us a step by step instruction on how to display 2 tabs in the product with different text in each tab, for example Description for one tab and Technical data for the other one. Thanking you in advance,
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have read carefully that documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ow-tabular-view.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
Yes I did read the documentation and I understand more how the customisation process works, but this does not explain (to a novice) how to display the second tab, and how to get the required content to display on the second tab. I inserted the above recommended text into, where I assume is the right place, see below, but this has not produced anything.
<div id="hikashop_tabs_div">
<ul class="hikashop_tabs_ul">
<li id="hikashop_show_tabular_description_li" class="hikashop_tabs_li ui-corner-top"><?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_DESCRIPTION');?></li>
<?php if($hide_specs == 0){ ?>
<li id="hikashop_show_tabular_specification_li" class="hikashop_tabs_li ui-corner-top"><?php echo JText::_('SPECIFICATIONS');?></li>
<?php }
if($status_vote == "comment" || $status_vote == "two" || $status_vote == "both" ){
?>
<li id="hikashop_show_tabular_comment_li" class="hikashop_tabs_li ui-corner-top"><?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_COMMENT');?></li>
<li id="hikashop_show_tabular_new_comment_li" class="hikashop_tabs_li ui-corner-top"><?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_NEW_COMMENT');?></li>
// The tab part
<li id="hikashop_show_tabular_custom1_li" class="hikashop_tabs_li ui-corner-top"><a onclick="displayTab('hikashop_show_tabular_custom1');" href="javascript:void(0);">My custom tab 1</a></li>
// And the content part
<div class="hikashop_tabs_content" id="hikashop_show_tabular_custom1">
// Your content
</div>
<?php } ?>
Again I ask, can you please give a specific step by stem description on how this can be achieved? I think a lot of people would benefit from this as they probably simply give up and use the standard view if they can't get the tabs to work. Thanking you, Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please replace the code of the view "product / show_tabular" by this code:
You will see html comments around the code added for the new tabs.
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
Thank you for providing the code for adding an extra tab, it did work and it was what I asked for. However, I found what I was looking for in another part of the forum. What I thought I wanted to do was to add another tab on the product page, and then add the content for that tab there. It turns out that I can add a custom field, add my content and this will appear on the specifications tab of the product. This was what I wanted in the first place. Thank you for your time in this matter,
Steve
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am able to add the content, however, it is not displayed when I load the page. Just the active tab and no content. I investigated using the "Inspect element in my browser and it's adding a display:none to the active view of the custom tab when it's active.
This is the code in the display view that I entered:
and this it what is displayed:
I know the display:none is there to hide the content when it's not active, but I must have left something out. The javascript at the bottom doesn't seem to work on this tabs content.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you give a link to the product page so that we could look at the situation ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It is indeed strange, that should be working.
Could you try to change the ids from "hikashop_show_tabular_listen_li" to "listen_li" and "hikashop_show_tabular_listen" to "listen" ?
I tested it by editing the html in the browser console and it is working fine. We will try to reproduce the issue on our end and debug the code to make it working with an id like "hikashop_show_tabular_listen".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.