Skip to main content

How to configure coupons?

More
9 years 3 months ago #272783 by nunonog
Replied by nunonog on topic How to configure coupons?
Yes, I've created the coupon in the newsletter tag with the product category tax and for a specific product.

Have a look at this fantastic calculation:
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #272793 by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic How to configure coupons?
Hello,

Happy to see that our correction able you to generate your coupon thanks for your return, now for this result (that is a different subject).

The cart view respect your display configuration, and you choose to display product price WITHOUT taxes, and so If add your taxes to your subtotal, I get this :
200 + 46 (23% of 319.32 Euro) = 246 Euro.

As you know, a discount or a coupon have to calculated from the total price (with taxes), then :
30% of 246 Euro = 73.8 Euro
So calculation are good, the point is display options.

Maybe display both, price without & with taxes would be a good compromise and more understandable.
Hope this will help you.

Regards
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #272834 by nunonog
Replied by nunonog on topic How to configure coupons?
I'm sorry, I don't understand this and I'm really about to give up:

1- I used to have the coupon working correctly, that is, applied to the price before taxes and only then adding VAT.
2- No matter what I do now, I can't make the coupons working again. They are generated in Hikashop correctly, but when I send one now I get this:


This is really frustrating after several days around...

Is it possible to fix this once and for good?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #272835 by nunonog
Replied by nunonog on topic How to configure coupons?
I don't even add any coupon to the checkout and I already get the message the coupon isn't valid!??
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #272881 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to configure coupons?
Hi,

I don't see the problem on my end.
The coupons generated by the AcyMailing integration are always published and that error means that the coupon has been unpublished.
Can you do a test one more time and provide a screenshot of the settings of the generated coupon ?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #272887 by nunonog
Replied by nunonog on topic How to configure coupons?
Yes, I have got the error: "Coupon is not valid" although I'm not even entering any coupon.
Whatever coupon is entered is always invalid.
This happens in all products.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #272891 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to configure coupons?
Hi,

How can you get that error when not entering a coupon ?
That error can only be the result of you entering a coupon code on the checkout.

And it's normal that you get that error message if you enter a coupon code that doesn't exist.

The coupon code will only be accepted by the checkout if you enter a valid coupon code and that it meets the conditions configured in the coupon.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #273052 by nunonog
Replied by nunonog on topic How to configure coupons?
Hello,

Yes, I was getting the error message without entering the coupon.
Now it's gone. Have you changed anything?
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #273059 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to configure coupons?
Hi,

No, we didn't change anything.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago #274003 by nunonog
Replied by nunonog on topic How to configure coupons?
Hello, this STILL doesn't work!

Look at this discount:



I want the 30% discount to be applied BEFORE the taxes. So this is the tag I'm using:

{hikashop_coupon:0||||30|0|1|[name][key][value]|72|14}

This includes the product and the tax category of the product.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago #274004 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic How to configure coupons?
Hello,

You do not provide the details of the coupon configuration (in the HikaShop backend) and your HikaShop configuration.
I am sorry but we can't analyze anything in such situation.
Please provide concrete details in order to understand your issue and your configuration.
Your screenshot does not explain anything.

See : www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/890786-h...html?start=20#272793

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago #274146 by nunonog
Replied by nunonog on topic How to configure coupons?
I've given up, this doesn't work.

Setting the coupon as an absolute discont works, which also proves the issue has nothing to do with the price display settings.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #274222 by panefs
Replied by panefs on topic How to configure coupons?
Hi nunonog:
When I upgraded from Hikashop 2 to Hikashop 3 (Business), I couldn't believe my eyes: the coupon discounts were suddenly applied AFTER TAXES!

I spent so much time trying to explain the Hikashop guys here, that the on-line discounts should be calculated BEFORE TAXES:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...waiting-a-reply.html
They would not just listen. No way. It's unbelievable, they still think that this is the right approach.
The funny thing is that this is how Hikashop used to work for years!!!

I've been buying from other on-line EU companies using coupons: in all cases the discount was applied before taxes.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by panefs.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #274249 by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic How to configure coupons?
Hello,

panefs : And I spent as well time to explain you without success unfortunately... As everybody can see in our forum.
You have to know that lots of people use HikaShop, and have move to HikaShop 3 without issue on Cart, Coupon or Discount.
That don't mean that we don't listen as you said, one more time see our several messages in order to help you.

We can guide you, you follow or not that your choice.
But you can ask for change HikaShop way to process if a majority seems to validate.

By the way the issue here, are in several points different, and of course you have the right to express yourself but how your last message can help other users ?

Regards
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Philip.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago #274254 by panefs
Replied by panefs on topic How to configure coupons?
Philip,
Why don't you just go and ask your accountant this simple question:
"The discount printed on the company invoice should be calculated BEFORE or AFTER THE VAT"?
Please do me a last favor and ask him / her this simple question.

No matter the EU country the company resides in, any discounts printed on the invoice MUST be calculated BEFORE TAXES. It's not about what Philip or Panos believe. This is the law. I have many invoices here from EU companies, and all of them abide to this rule.

I am really curious what your accountant will tell you.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago #274269 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to configure coupons?
Hi,

Please stop poluting the threads of other persons for your personal issues that are not directly related.
If you want to know, we have the "apply discounts" setting set to "before taxes" on our website and the way the taxes and coupons are calculated on our website have been validated by our accountant.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago #274302 by panefs
Replied by panefs on topic How to configure coupons?
"Stop poluting (sic) the threads"?
Frankly, this how you talk to your customers?
I suppose the money you've received these years from me did not pollute your pockets, right?

Do the other customers who mention this problem " pollute your forums too?
Yesterday a person named "Dave" asked you the same question, in this thread that I started first:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...html?start=20#274284
Why don't you call him a polluter too?
I hope that your majesty allows me to leave a polluting reply on that thread letting Dave know of how you treat your customers.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 2 months ago #274310 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to configure coupons?
Hi,

You already have a thread talking about your problem. We've answered to you so far there.
That's not the case of @Twincarb on your thread. Now we might move his message to a new thread if necessary (I didn't read his message yet).

I understand you're frustrating but there is no need to call names onto us. Please understand that's we're trying our best supporting HikaShop and improving it.
I'll close this thread for now as we're already off-topic here.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum