Skip to main content

How do I set up the sizes in the CSS for import?

More
15 years 4 months ago #17158 by Andreas_Sweden
I have created CSS files that I am importing but I can't get the size to import (not displayed in product).
How do I specify it in the CSS to get it to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17160 by nicolas
I suppose that you mean CSV, not CSS.
There is no size option for products.
There is only product_lenght, product_width and product_height that you can set for dimensions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17305 by Andreas_Sweden
Yas I meant CSV I guess I was tired :)

So I can't set size options small medium large etc for clothes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #17307 by nicolas
You can.
I didn't understand that you were talking about characteristics.
Please follow the documentation about importing products with characteristics/variants on that page of the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17308 by Andreas_Sweden
I have created a characteristic called size with the options s,m,l,xl and put the size column in the csv but it is not importing. How do I set the data in the column of the csv?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17309 by nicolas
Could you provide the first few lines of your CSV ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17314 by Andreas_Sweden
product_code, product_weight, product_keywords, product_meta_description, price_value, size, images, categories, related, price_curency_id

They all work but size (no error message on size either but it doesent show in the product once imported)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17322 by nicolas
Could you provide the first few lines of your CSV and not only the first line ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17364 by Andreas_Sweden
Armani Underkläder Herr; Armani Underkläder Herr; 334549; 1; Armani Underkläder Herr; Armani Underkläder Herr, 85; m,l,xl,xxl,xxxl; 334549.jpg; 12; 150

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17365 by nicolas
That's not the proper way of doing it.
You should have something like that:
product_code,product_parent_id, product_weight, product_keywords, product_meta_description, price_value, size, images, categories, related, price_curency_id
armani_underklader_herr;; Armani Underkläder Herr; 334549; 1; Armani Underkläder Herr; Armani Underkläder Herr; 85; m; 334549.jpg; 12; 150;
variant1;armani_underklader_herr;;;;;m;;;;
variant2;armani_underklader_herr;;;;;l;;;;
variant3;armani_underklader_herr;;;;;xl;;;;
variant4;armani_underklader_herr;;;;;xxl;;;;
variant5;armani_underklader_herr;;;;;xxxl;;;;

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17366 by Andreas_Sweden
So if I do this in a excell file should the variants listed be in the same cell in the "size" column?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17367 by nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17371 by Andreas_Sweden
I feel a little dumb but I can´t get it to work, if I simplify it.

What should be in the cell under the "size" column if I use excell and want the sizes m,l,xl,xxl,xxxl listed?

Nicolas I must say that your patience and support is admirable :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17372 by nicolas
For one product you need several lines:
1 for the main product information.
1 line for each variants of that product.
So, if you have 5 sizes like in your case, you should have 6 lines (plus the header of course), like in the example I gave above.
Each variant line should have a different size and the main product line will have the default value of the dropdown in the size column.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17373 by Andreas_Sweden
Thank you

Finally I get the hang of it, sorry for being slow :)
Now I have another problem, I have the product_code set to show in the headline and now I get the size and variant showing in the headline and not the product code, how do I solve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17374 by nicolas
How did you set the product_code to show int he headline ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #17375 by Andreas_Sweden
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by Andreas_Sweden.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17376 by nicolas
The variants information is displayed because you have the option "Append characteristics value to product name " of the display tab of the config activated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17377 by Andreas_Sweden
Set it to no now and the size went away in the headline but it still says variant1, variant2, etc and the product code isn't showing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #17381 by nicolas
In your CSV, you didn't set any product_name column so hikashop automatically creates it based on the product_code.
You should add a column product_name and have it empty for your variants and filled for your main products.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum