- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Download HikaShop FedEx Shipping Plugin
- HeadSmart Designs
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Hello guys. I was recently disappointed that HikaShop did not include a FedEx shipping module, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and hire someone to make one for me. The FedEx Shipping plugin is now in a working state and should satisfy all of you looking for a FedEx Shipping Hikashop plugin.
It features the following shipping methods:
-
FedEx Ground (USA, PUERTO RICO)
FedEx 2 Day (USA, PUERTO RICO)
FedEx Express Saver Time Pickup (USA, PUERTO RICO)
FedEx First Overnight (USA, PUERTO RICO)
FedEx Ground (Home Delivery) (USA, PUERTO RICO)
FedEx Priority Overnight (USA, PUERTO RICO)
FedEx Smart Post (USA, PUERTO RICO)
FedEx Standard Overnight (USA, PUERTO RICO)
FedEx International Economy ()
FedEx International Economy Distribution ()
FedEx International First ()
FedEx International Ground ()
FedEx International Priority ()
FedEx International Priority Distribution ()
FedEx Europe First ()
REQUIREMENTS: Your server must have SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) enabled. If it does not have SOAP enabled then you will need to contact your host to enable this PHP extension.
Download HikaShop FedEx Shipping Plugin:
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
I ended up paying a lot of money get this plugin developed professionally and would appreciate donations if you found this plugin useful and would like it to be updated.
Click Here To Donate
Update #1: Thanks to those who have donated, because of your donations I can update this plugin. Introducing version 1.1! The requirement for dimensions has been taken off as of version 1.1. and as promised, international ground shipping method has now been implemented.
Next Update: For the next instalment I plan to take all of your bug reports and fix them. This will be version 1.2 that will hopefully be coming soon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I had a look at the code and it's a nice piece
I'll add a link to this thread from the documentation so that you get more exposure for your plugin and that other users can easily find it.
I think that it's time that we work on a plugins area on our website.
Thank you for sharing it with the community !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The URL of the fedex server is the wsbeta one:
wsbeta.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate
REplacing it to this one in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/fedexlibrary/RateServiceV10.wsdl made it work for me:
gateway.fedex.com/web-services/
It would be nice to add an error message when there is a problem:
Before the line:
in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/fedex.php
The Zone option of the plugin should contain the country of origin as that's what is used (normally that field is for zone restrictions). So, before the code:
Then I got that error:
Then, I had the error:
which sounds valid to me unless FR is not for France in the Fedex API which I don't know. So I was stuck here. Would you have more information on that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- HeadSmart Designs
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks a lot! You should start a plugins section, I am sure more people would develop them. Thanks for the advice, I will run you suggestions by my developer and see how things go. When the next update is available I will let you guys know
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We will look at donating soon.
One problem we had was on installing the plugin.
We had made several additions to the language override file and we lost all of our language file changes because the FedEx plugin overwrote them all.
Not sure how hard that would be to fix, but it was frustrating to lose our work on the language override file.
We have not had a chance to test out the fedex plugin thoroughly yet, but will let you know if there is anything else we find.
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- HeadSmart Designs
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
I have just released version 1.1 the Hikashop FedEx shipping plugin. In this new version the requirement for dimensions has been taken off and as promised, international ground shipping method has now been implemented. For the next instalment I plan to take all of your bug reports and fix them. This will be version 1.2 that will hopefully be coming soon.
I will keep you guys updated. Thanks and best regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /home/glasstil/public_html/plugins/hikashopshipping/fedex/fedex.php on line 690
Any thoughts on what we need to do to get it to work?
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
@wildfire: this means that you didn't activate the soap php extension on your server. You should ask you hosting company to do that.
By the way, it would be good I think to add a small check like that in the plugin:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
@wildfire: this means that you didn't activate the soap php extension on your server. You should ask you hosting company to do that.
By the way, it would be good I think to add a small check like that in the plugin:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We got the FedEx plugin working to show FedEx 2day air rates for USA, but we can't get any of the FedEx Ground rates to work.
Do we need to do or configure something different besides checking the box for the Ground rates to show, or is this a bug in the plugin?
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just seems weird that some of the FedEx shipping options like 2nd Day Air would work just fine, but the Ground options do not.
We tested the address and account using other shopping carts and their FedEx plugin (Tienda) and everything worked just fine to calculate the ground rates, so we are guessing that it might be an issue with the plugin.
Is anyone else having problems getting FedEx ground rates for shipping addresses in the USA?
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- HeadSmart Designs
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
I have been busy lately and have not had time to contact my developer. I should have an update coming next week for this plugin that will fix the bugs you guys have been reporting. I will let you know when it is available.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
These are the problems we are having with it right now. Will these issues be fixed in the upcoming release?
1. Our language override file is being overwritten every time we do anything with the Fedex plugin. So we lose all our language overrides we have put in the file. It just gets overwritten with the fedex plugin's language overrides.
2. We get quotes for Fedex 2nd day and Priority Overnight, but we do not get rates for Fedex Ground, or Fedex Express Saver
3. We can't turn off the Fedex ETA. We don't want to show the ETA for each method in our checkout screen but when the checkbox in the plugin parameters is unchecked, the ETA still shows up in our checkout screen.
We look forward to a new version of the plugin and as soon as we have these issues addressed here, then we will be able to use it and will be happy to donate some $$ to say thanks.
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Or if they add more of a product to their order in the checkout cart, the order totals change but the shipping rates do not get recalculated.
Not sure if this is a problem with the fedex shipping plugin or with Hikashop itself.
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The fedex plugin was making our "Packaging Type" field value go back to "FedEx Packaging" rather than Our own Packaging and so when we would save things in the plugin the Fedex packaging value was being reset to fedex packaging and that type of packaging is not allowed with Fedex Ground and a few other shipping types.
So everything is working fine for us now with this plugin except for the following two annoyances:
Our language override file gets completely overwritten every time we open the fedex plugin to make any changes so we lose all our language overrides we put in that file.
The packaging type does not stay on the value we set so if we don't change it back every time we make a change to the plugin, then it will reset things to Fedex packaging type.
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I notice the shipping method is not showing on payment method, I don't know why.
I also get this error with firebug when I activate internationnal shipping : NetworkError: 500 Schema validation failed for request. - lesmaitresdelerable.com/J1-7/produits/ga...-de-produit/checkout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.