- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Download HikaShop FedEx Shipping Plugin
Go ahead try it now, I just checked it and it's working just fine.
thannks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But no luck, I'm still stuck with same problem about shipping, it doesn't work, I will contact Jerome, this is getting a real nightmare!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The plugin configuration and product configuration were good.
There was another bug in the original plugin that I have quick fixed.
Regards,
Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
How difficult do you think it would be to bundle the items being shipped into a single package (up to the weight limit)?
The version you all made for kasseyhadi works great, but the shipping rates are quite high as they are requested for each item in the cart (as opposed to a package with multiple items).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem come from the package counter and the way that the structure is assembled.
On the Fedex plugin I just try to fix issues in order to have something working but I want to write a fedex plugin from scratch using the same plugin base than other plugin I have made for HikaShop.
I could make some checks to find the package segmentation problem.
The original problem was that only the first item in the cart was used by the plugin. I have fixed it by giving all products to the function but as you said, the result is that items are separate in several packages.
I have to read some fedex documentation
Regards,
Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is some package combining code in the plugin. It looks like it was pulled from the existing UPS plugin. I wonder if that would work the same for FedEx aside from any FedEx-specific maximum weight or size.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't understand with height, width and length are increment during the processing. I think that only one dimension (height, width OR length) should be incremented.
After that, limitations are hard coded (weight:150, dim:165) and I don't know if it is really the same thing for Fedex.
If you want to try the "group_package" algorithm, just replace
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Max dimensions for FedEx ground are:
• 150 lbs. (68 kg) or less in weight.
• 108” (274.32 cm) or less in length.
• 165” (419.1 cm) in length and girth combined (Length + Girth = L + (2 x W) + (2 x H)).
I'll take a look at it and see if it seems to work. I also have a VirtueMart shipping plugin for UPS that does bundled packaging. Might be worth looking at how the limits are calculated in that one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've made a few test passes with varying numbers of items and combining them into packages for shipping seems to work ok so far.
Using all 3 dimensions in the calculations seems to put the items in more boxes than are probably necessary, but I think it's still a closer guess at rates than allowing them to be calculated for each item separately.
I did a little more research and realized a couple of things. First, accurately calculating the maximum number of randomly-sized items that will fit into a fixed size box is a complex problem computationally (the bin-packing problem is NP-hard). And it probably means that you'd have to provide instructions so that the human packing the boxes could do so correctly.
I did find references on the OpenCart forum to a box-calculation class that someone there has integrated into a FedEx module.
forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=30319
github.com/yetzt/boxing/blob/master/boxing.class.php
It would be interesting to see how accurate that is as a long-term solution. Meanwhile, I think I'm going to move forward with using the current routine for combining items into a package. It doesn't give the optimum packing solution, but I think it's probably worthwhile for a small shop that won't be shipping huge orders to a single customer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
We are using the Starter Version of Hikashop and we are trying to implement the fedex plugin mentioned in this thread but we have not been able to get it to work, there are no errors it just does not show up on the shipping step. We were planning on buying the updated version sold by kasseyhadi but we wanted to make sure if it is absolutely certain that it will work with our version of hikashop or even so, if we need to buy the Business version of Hikashop we will but we want to know if this will solve the problem. Thank you in advance for your response.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In any case, buying HikaShop Essential or Business won't magically fix the problem.
However, if you use the version jerome made for kasseyhadi and it still doesn't work, then it means that it comes from one of these problems:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
This is the change we made to the conditional expression on line 803 of the fedex.php file:
We have not tested it through yet, but I am guessing we are still going to run into the same issues as everyone else here so we will probably need to buy kasseyhadi solution, but at least we know it will end up working. Our main concern was that it was not showing up at all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
lesmaitresdelerable.com
Will someone develop soon a complete working solution?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you using the fedex plugin that jerome fixed ?
The update should not change anything for shipping plugins.
If you revert to 1.5.7, does it work ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.