- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Download HikaShop FedEx Shipping Plugin
FedEx is now showing on my frontend and in working order. However the problem I'm having now, its showing an estimated time of delivery by 12/31/1969. Funny! and here I got stuck and not able to change this weird date.
I thought I need to share this info with everyone it is very helpful.
instructions are:
Step 1: Go to fedex.com/us/developer/index.html
Step 2: Log in, if you do not have a developer account, click on “Sign up” and fill out the form
Step 3: After you have logged in (with existing or new credentials) mouse over “Fedex Web Services” in the sub-nav bar
Step 4: Click on FedEx Web Services for Shipping in the fly-out menu
Step 5: Click on Move to Production
Step 6: Click on Obtain Production Key (at bottom of page)
Step 7: On Registration for FedEx Web Services Production Access use the following values:
Do you intent to resell your software ? Select “No”
Please check box type of FedEx web services …. Only check “FedEx Web Services for Shipping”
Please indicate whether you are developing your … Select “Consultant” or “Corporate Developer”
Step 8: Accept License Agreement
Step 9: Fill in the form with the contact/billing information for the company
Step 10 : Fill in the form with the contact information for the developer
Step 11 : Confirm
Step 12 : You will be given certain information on this screen, please write down the codes etc and what they go to
Step 13 : Within 24 hours you will be sent at least two emails pertaining to credentials from Fedex
you will need all credentials from Both emails to be able to use the fedex module
After you complete these steps and enter them in FedEx plug in an important step Nicolas mentioned before is to replace this link: wsbeta.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate
with this link: gateway.fedex.com/web-services/ OR THIS LINK: gateway.fedex.com:443/web-services .
So now if some one could be kind enough to help me fix the date issue I will definitely appreciate it.
good luck
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
I'm having the same problem with FedEx shipping packages and ETA, and I'm not able to fix this or change it. Would you be kind enough to tell me how did you get this fixed.
Every time I save it with selecting my own package it resets back to FedEx. And if I un-tick ETA it still shows on the front end with a weird delivery date of 12-31-1969.
Any help is appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't know how to fix it, but I know how you can remove the ETA display. Edit the plugins/hikashopshipping/fedex.php file and remove the code
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've managed to get the quotes for FedEx ground working (and Ground Home Delivery, which seems to be the default), but the plugin does not update when the cart changes. And, since adding an item to the cart calls the cart screen, the first item added determines the shipping cost for your entire order.
I tried out the UPS plugin and it updates when the items in the cart change, so I'm not sure why this one doesn't. I don't know whether it's caching the request/response somehow or what might be the issue. I have noticed that even changing the shipping address doesn't cause the rates to be recalculated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the file fedex_configuration.php I replaced the following (around line 196):
with this:
And that seems to work, at least for me. Back up your existing file first, just in case!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
@tiger - I've added the error check from one of @nicolas' early comments. That way, if you're getting an error code returned from FedEx, you should be able to see it.
@kasseyhadi - I ran into the same problem that you had with the date. The issue is that there is no delivery guarantee for Ground shipping, so no date is returned. I've made modifications to set the delivery ETA date & time to NULL if it's not returned. You'll probably see a result like "No Delivery Date" based on the language file entries for NO_ESTIMATED_TIME_AFTER_SEND and NO_DELIVERY_HOUR. You can set those to "" if you don't want to see the message.
I believe you should be able to install this in the regular manner. While I've tested this on my development site, I'd suggest making a backup first, just in case.
All that said and done, the plugin still doesn't calculate shipping for all the items I put in cart. I originally thought it didn't update when the cart was changed, but that's not the issue. The problem here is that the plugin either needs to group the items in the cart into a single package OR it needs to tell FedEx about all the items as separate packages (including how many packages there are), and it does neither. It lists weight and dimensions for all the products individually, but tells FedEx there's only one package.
I'd love to hear from someone who knows more about this than I do, but I'm pretty sure that no matter what or how many items you put in your cart, this plugin is only returning the shipping cost for one of the very first item on the list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
868 Package {PACKAGE_INDEX} - Weight exceeds limit allowed for the origin.
You can find all error codes on : www.fedex.com/us/developer/product/WebSe..._conditionalized.htm
I'm looking the problem but I couln't find any about weight. I've try different things, but no change.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Trying different settings in the plugin led to me getting a handful of different errors, but I never received more than one back from FedEx (even when I was displaying the full response). What I ended up doing was figuring out the cause for each error, one at a time, until I was getting rates back.
I downloaded a copy of the FedEx documentation and that's been pretty helpful as far as the request/response info being passed.
If you're up to it, I believe there are some commented-out print_r statements in the code that can be quite handy. Around line 549, there is a set that looks like this:
// echo "<BR><BR><BR>";
// echo "<pre>";
// print_r($data);
// echo "</pre>";
// exit;
Uncommenting those will cause the details of your shipment request to be printed (nothing will be submitted, due to the exit statement at the bottom). That was very handy for me in looking at the data I was sending to FedEx.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Kasseyhadi contacted me for custom development in order to fix the fedex plugin.
Here the list of changes:
- WSDL fix
- Soap Fatal error fix
- Multiple products in cart fix
- "Show ETA" option fix
- "Packing type" option display fix
- Removing all Warnings
- Removing unused files
- Adding compatibility for Joomla 1.5
The cart with one product:
The cart with four products:
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There's one additional item that would be helpful - the plugin seems to overwrite the HikaShop language string overrides each time you view the settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If there is a developer working on this currently or wanting to take on the task of fixing all the bugs, then please let us know and we will support you in any way that we can.
Our biggest issue that actually effects our clients is the fact that the shipping rates are not updated when a user updates that quantity of an item in their cart.
Also, we think there may be issues with the rates not updating when the user changes their shipping address or switches between different shipping rates.
It really hurts our clients' businesses when they get a large order in that requires Fedex 2 day shipping but the cart only charged their customer $15 for shipping when it should have charged the $200 it would actually cost to ship the large order by 2day.
All the other bugs in the fedex plugin are manageable, but not calculating the rates correctly when things are changed in the order at checkout is critical to fix as soon as possible.
Whoever is willing and able to fix this right away, please let us know and we will help where we can both with testing and financially if necessary. Thanks.
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
www.mshatilasweets.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes the fedex plugin seems to be working right on your site to update the rates when things are changed in the cart.
What did you have to do or change to get it to work?
Thanks.
Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com
I love helping businesses make lots of money online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
These guys are the best and I said on joomla extension directory that I won't hesitate to purchase any of their products in the future.
They helped me a lot to get it to where it is now.
So I need to check with them if its ok to share the updates that they had made for me and I will be more than happy to share with this community.
Cheers to Kikshop team. Nicolas and Jerome Kudos to you guys. :laugh:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Here's my situation, I lost lots of money on the project that I originally purchased Hikashop business for. My client has a major shipping account with FedEx, because of the delays caused by this plugin
I lost a great amount of money on my project.
I asked Nicolas to help me and they did, and my cost to them is not bad at all. But my loss is what's hurting me. With that being said I have the update for the FedEx plugin on my website that you can download after you register and purchase it. After I recover some of my loss I will be more than happy to share it for free with the rest of the community, I hope you all understand.
link to download: www.khwebsolutions.com/downloads
Thank you all
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank for checking this
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.