I create gift certificates and want to use them to get it subtracted frm the pri

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 1 week ago #331452

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 89.0.4389
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The coupon is invalid

First thx for your great product.

I created Gift certificated using Hikaserial now The client get the code in the mail.
How do I use this code as a coupon to the the amound e.g. 25€ subtracted from the price in the cart.
Filling it in in the Coupon Field just says the coupon is invalid?

I could not find how to use it

Thx already

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13059
3 years 1 week ago #331453

Hi,

Are you using the coupon generator plugin for your HikaSerial pack ?
You need to create a coupon in HikaShop that will work as a template. Then, in the Hikaserial>Plugins menu, configure the coupon generator to use that coupon:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ugins-coupongen.html
And then, in your pack (menu Hikaserial>Packs) you can select that plugin as generator so that when a customer purchase a product linked to that pack, the coupon generator plugin will generate the coupon and use the code of the coupon as serial attached to the order/email.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jbekker63

3 years 1 week ago #331459

Thank you for your support I managed to set it up so that I could use my gift certificate
[img size=400px alt=Gift Coupon] www.sofie-houseofbeauty.be/sample/cadeau.PNG [/img]

Just found out an error, in my set up I can use a coupon and the price will be deducted from the total but

• The coupon wil not be invalidated/consumed and can be used en reused
  • When I have an oder of €25 and put in the code of a €100 coupon the payment will be fullfilled

Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by jbekker63.

3 years 1 week ago #331470

Now I am continuing with it, I want to give the customer the option to leave a message to be put on the Giftcertificate. I can print the Price but thats from a select, is it possible to have an Input of Textarea field so the customer can leave a message to be put on the Certificate?

3 years 1 week ago #331481

Hi,

Regarding the reusability of the coupon, make sure that you enter a quota of "1" in its settings if you don't want it to be reusable.
Regarding being able to use a coupon of a greater value than the total amount of the cart, there is nothing preventing that from happening by default. You would have to enter a "minimum order amount" of the same value as the "amount" of the coupon to prevent that.

If you want to add extra information fields that the customer can enter when adding a product to the cart, you can do it with custom fields of the table "item" and of the type "text" with HikaShop Business under the menu Display>Custom fields:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html
These fields can then be used when generating the gift certificate.

3 years 1 week ago #331491

Thx for you answer, I am trying to fond in what part to set thequota of "1" and the "minimum order amount" .

Also i am trying to get the validity date on the coupon

but I must be something wrong a nothing is printed but the number and the amount

as you can see here

thank you already,
John

3 years 1 week ago #331492

Hi,

1. In my message here ( www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/902314-i...-the-pri.html#331453 ), the first thing I told you to do is to create a coupon, so that you could then select it in your coupon generate plugin as a template.
In the settings of that coupon (edit the coupon via the Orders>Coupons menu), you'll find the "quota" and "minimum order value" settings I'm talking about.

2. The serial.extradata.discount_end value will only be filled if you entered a validity period in the settings of the coupon generator plugin. Is that the case ? Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of the plugin settings ?
Also, could you provide a screenshot of the settings of a coupon generated by Hikaserial using that plugin ?

3 years 1 week ago #331513

Here are my screenshots, thx for helping
Cadeau Coupon

Serial

Coupongen

packs

thx already

3 years 1 week ago #331516

Hi,

1. Ah, I see why you don't get the "quota" and "minimum order value" settings. These are only available with HikaShop Essential and Business and you apparently have the Starter edition. So you would have to upgrade to either one to be able to do that.

2. I don't see a problem there. I'll assign this to Jerome who is the lead developer on HikaSerial so that he can look into it.

3 years 1 week ago #331519

OK thx already. I'll ask my customer to upgrade to essential

3 years 1 week ago #331522

Thx I upgraded. Here is my screenshot now.

Just for the usage as the value of the Coupon is variable from €10 until €100 how do i do that?

Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by jbekker63. Reason: typo

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 1 week ago #331524

Hello,

In your coupon generator screenshot ( www.sofie-houseofbeauty.be/images/Coupongen.PNG ) we can see that you have set-up the 100% variable discount.
It means that the coupon price will be the price of the product that the customer bought.

If you assign the pack to multiple products (or different variants), you can have products with different prices and so, the coupon value will also change.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbekker63

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds