- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
BitCoin Plugin?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The HikaShop team understand the importance of bitcoin.
But someone propose to develop the plugin for HikaShop, it would be stupid to split the effort and work in the same time on the same plugin...
So, I do not understand your message and I am not sure you understood the "situation".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think we are in this situation, because the community has been waiting since beginning of last december for an update from Extreme_one. I asked him about a status updated recently and there was 0 reaction, so I have the impression that they are not developing or bringing out the plugin.
I suggest we as the community look for alternatives now, requesting the plugin from the Hikashop team or from Polished Geek. A development straight from the Hikashop team would be the ideal solution. Polished Geek is a serious company and already offered to crowdfund the development of the plugin last year, which was then cancelled, since Extreme_one said that they would provide it for free.
@Jerome: Do you/your team have the time and resources now to start developing a btc-plugin for hikashop? If yes, can you give us an estimation on how long it would take. If not, could you give us a an idea at what time you might be able to start with the development?
@Polished Geek: Would you restart the crowdfunding again, if nothing happens? Can you provide us with the essential information about the campaign?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
I've been in touch with Extreme_one and am trying to help salvage the situation if possible. There are some issues preventing this from being released right now but hopefully starting over completely won't be necessary. I've put Extreme_one in touch with Nicolas via PM and we'll see what comes out of that.
If that effort fails, then yes, we would certainly be willing to put the crowdfunding idea back on the table to build it. Let's see what results from the discussion between Nicolas and Extreme_one, and go from there.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not proposing that Hikashop duplicate extreme_one's efforts. I am suggesting that it could be in everyone's best interest if Hikashop and extreme_one worked together to get this plugin finished.
And if extreme_one has given up on the plugin, obviously work needs to begin immediately on a replacement. It's great if a 3rd-party would finish a plugin this important for Hikashop, but surely you cannot rely on that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It looks like there is some action here anyway, thats good. Until I find a plugin elsewhere I am not leaving Hika as I've started to like so many other features It provide. Easy to admin In joomla as well. For me it doesent matter who develops It as long as someone is able to take the lead. Even getting a plugin listed on bitpays plugin overview is a neat value for those who can provide It.
If a fund raiser need to be started, lets do so, I'll join in on the funding.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I sent a message to Extreme_one in order to see what solution we can find.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can anybody from the Hika-team or Extreme_one give us a status update. Even if only that the development is not happening, so we don't have to keep waiting and can start look for other solutions. This would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hemingway wrote: Why was my post of earlier deleted? All I did was mention the fact that Hikashop, or "Extreme_one" should follow up. And you deleted my post? WOW.
What are you talking about ?!
Your post haven't been deleted...
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: We're currently in talks with Extreme_one in order to integrate his plugin to HikaShop (it's been a few weeks actually). I can't say more as we're not finished yet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We all believe you're working hard. Just frustrating. And it really has been more than just a few weeks. "Extreme_one" had said in December that they were working on it and hoped to have in done by "the holidays". This was a few days before Christmas, I believe.
Anyway, thanks for staying on top of it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We've closed the deal with Extreme_one.
Here is a first version of the plugin.
www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachments/63/h941ad89.zip
As extreme_one had explained before, that plugin is to be used with bitpay.
I invite you to test it and provide feedbacks on it so that we can integrate it in the next version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not an expert at this, if i post on your thread i'm doing so with the best of my knowledge and just trying to help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
BTW, a feature request: would be good to set on a per-product basis whether Bitcoin will be accepted.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.