[CLOSED] Create a multilingual Shop only Joomla/Hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #220877

-- Joomla version -- : Last

Can I create a COMPLETE multilingual Shop without using any unecessary multilingual plugins/components like Joomfish - Falang as Joomla have is own perfectly core multilingual system?

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Chacapamac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114
8 years 5 months ago #220888

Hi,

Yes you can but its a lot work cause you need to have everything x2 or x3 if you have 3 languages.
x2 modules, x2 menus, x2 joomla and hikashop categories, x2 products.... Its much easier with falang. Just create site in one language and translate it to your desired language...

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 5 months ago #220892

Hi,

Yes, that's right kyratn, thanks.

If you want to follow the Joomla way for the multi-language ; you will need to duplicate your products for each language.
Like in Joomla you need to duplicate each article (and each menu) for a language ; in HikaShop it will be the same thing.
The side effect is that you will have different products, with different name/description but also with a different product code and an independent product stock.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 4 months ago #221257

The side effect is that you will have different products, with different name/description but also with a different product code and an independent product stock.

That’s obviously unacceptable.
— Sad for an important e-commerce extension to have to count on a third party developer to offer a real complete ecommerce solution - I mean multilingual is a most.
I’m sure, you guys can make an effort to get rid of crutches.

I’m building multilingual web site from the 1.5/Joomfish era and find the new core system in 3+ simply perfect and easy to use even on large site - I find sad to have to install suckers (Joomfish, Falang) that will be now part of Joomla forever (on that site) - Uninstall, you loose everything, They even replacing the main router and all. Hate that!

At least can you tell me if you can REALLY make a COMPLETE multilingual shop with Falang.
When I say COMPLETE, i’m talking about EVERYTHING in the Shop from fronted, products, communication ALL is easily translated ?

• Thank you received: 114
8 years 4 months ago #221261

Hi,

Yes its easy and you can translate everything. You can try free version....

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 4 months ago #221264

Hi,

Like I wrote ; HikaShop is compatible with the multi-language system of Joomla!.
Following the way that this multi-language is working ; there is no other solution than duplicate the products.
Joomla! does not provide any feature except the translations using JText and "ini" files.

Create a new multi-language system into HIkaShop near the Joomla multi-language system is just a huge amount of work.
I'm not talking about hours, days or weeks ; I'm talking about several months of work.
I already spent 8 months working on HikaShop 3 for the cart/checkout refactoring (plus lot of extra cool things ; some of them have been already introduced in 2.5 and 2.6).
That project is not fully finished yet and we got a lot of other projects in the list after that huge release.
A multi-language system would be almost as big ; even if it does not touch a lot of views, it affect a lot of core files and could also affect the performances. That is clearly not a tiny thing.

About Joomfish/Falang ; our demo website is using one translation component :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikashop/...ge/with-translations

The integration with these translation components is quite advanced.
And recently we also add an interface to activate the translation on custom fields (instead of editing some XML files, all is done automatically).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 4 months ago #221334

Understood
Multilingual Hikashop - Joomla : Possible but difficult + problems

Multilingual Hikashop - Falang : Easy

Multilingual Hikashop - Joomfish : Easy.

What will be the multilingual component that is the most flexible with Hikashop — Joomfish or Falang

• Thank you received: 13062
8 years 4 months ago #221341

Hi,

I would recommend to go with Falang. The support is a lot more reactive and it works really well with HikaShop.
We've seen many customers using Falang with HikaShop for their multilingual website over the years.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chacapamac

8 years 4 months ago #221398

Cool Falang it is...

• Thank you received: 4
8 years 2 months ago #230124

Reopening the topic as I am looking into that. How would an important with Falang look like? While I can figure out a 'traditional' Joomla translation import (every product duplicated per language), would Falang allow a multilingual product import? Is there a way to test it before purchasing the product or do you have some sample files to share?

Thank you

ps: also the language I'll need is not an already translated one. Are the ini files of the HikaShop Essential or/and Business available for download somewhere?

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bfred.

8 years 2 months ago #230211

Hi,

Yes, you can import product translations for Falang with the import system that's not a problem.
You can read more about this on this thread:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/47696-mu...l-productimport.html
The Starter edition includes the import system so if you have Falang on your website and import a CSV with the translation columns as they should be, you'll get the translations in Falang. That way, you can test it before purchasing.

You can get all the translation files of HikaShop here:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html
The ini files are the same for all the editions of HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bfred

8 years 2 months ago #230305

Thank you for the prompt reply, I'll test that in the coming day.
Fred

8 years 2 months ago #230572

Hi!

I must be missing something as I installed Falang and get that only commercial version can edit multilingual content (see attached image). So how can I guess the structure of the csv?

Thank you.

Attachments:

8 years 1 month ago #230588

I explained the structure you can use for the CSV for multilingual import in the thread I gave a link to in my previous message:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/47696-mu...l-productimport.html
You even have examples there:

product_code;images;product_name;product_name|en-GB;product_name|fr-FR;categories
1912;1912.jpg;cod. 1912i;cod. 1912e;cod. 1912f;19
1913;1913.jpg;cod. 1913i;cod. 1913e;cod. 1913f;19
1914;1914.jpg;cod. 1914i;cod. 1914e;cod. 1914f;19
1915;1915.jpg;cod. 1915i;cod. 1915e;cod. 1915f;19

8 years 1 month ago #231499

Thank you and apologies for missing that out. So I have imported the sample file but I am still struggling with a few details. In fact I initially created 2 categories (1 per language) as described in the documentation when using the default Joomla! translation system and then I still have a product category which doesn't seem to be deletable.

Now when I try to see my products on the front end I only get to see the product category which is empty. And then all the imported products are located in the root "folder". Is there an easy way to move them all, or to import them somewhere else?
Also how can I see the "translated" import?

Thank you.

Fred

ok I am stupid.. found it. Sorry for my uninspired questions, I seems I need to get familiar with Falang before asking more questions.

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bfred.

8 years 1 month ago #231828

ok so I am almost there. I've also read the documentation which sheds some light on a lot of things but not always together (like multilingual and specifications.

So now my last bump seems to be about importing variant in multiple languages. I have this so far and the variants do not appear:

product_code,product_parent_id,product_name|en-GB,Color:|en-GB,Color:|fr-FR,product_name|fr-FR
,,Wire,,,Cable
,,Bar,,,Barre
Pipe,,Pipe,white,blanc,Tuyaux
pipe1,Pipe,Pipe,white,blanc,Tuyaux
pipe2,Pipe,Pipe,black,noir,Tuyaux

So the pipe has 2 colors, which are already created in Hikashop but for some reasons it fails to import.

I've also tried to export the properly made products and see what it gives, but the export is apparently monolingual, so that didn't help neither. Any idea what I could be missing?

Thank you.

8 years 1 month ago #231837

Hi,

The export is monolingual yes.
But you actually don't need to add translations for the characteristic columns.
Just have the column of the characteristic with its untranslated name, and use the unstranslated values in the CSV for each row.
The system will do the translation of the values dynamically when displaying the product on the frontend.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bfred

8 years 1 month ago #231929

Thank you for the clarifications!

So now I managed to import the products and the variants (and there, variants also need to have a product code else it fails) but when displaying I see the products in the original language while the translation is selected.
I checked the DB through phpmyadmin and the falang tables have the translations. The menus, messages, etc display well in the translated languages, just not the products. Also Falang doesnt seem to delete the translation of deleted products, but that's a minor thing.
So what am I missing this time?
Thank you.

8 years 1 month ago #231936

Hi,

So when you edit the products, you also see the translations in the translation popup of HikaShop ?
Are the translations enabled in Falang ?
Is the Falang driver plugin enabled in the Joomla plugins manager ?
If you translate a product through the interface, do you see the translation on the frontend ?

8 years 1 month ago #232041

Hi Nicolas and thank you for following up.

Here are my replies:
1. no popup translation in hikashop
2. I am not sure what that is. I looked in the Falang component and see that in the control panel: "Falang works with the default language system of Joomla. You don't have to specify a language for each content article or menu item" . Other section of the website are appearing in the other language (menu, modules, etc)
3. I have 2 falnag system plugins and they are both enabled.
4. I don't think I can translate a product through the interface, I have purchase any version yet. Can I? I don't see any available option anywhere.

Thank you for your help. Really.

Fred

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds