Pathway Breadcrumbs

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15094

Hi,
Sorry to interrupt, but I'm also having trouble with the breadcrumb.
(If I should report in a different thread, let me know)

I am using Joomla 1.5 and Hikashop 1.4.1.

I created category A and created a sub category subA under it.
Then attached products to subA.
The breadcrumb that was showing for subA and the products were
HOME > PRODUCT > A > subA

I then created category B and moved subA under it by clicking on "Parent category" in the Categories page for subA and clicking on the "Use" icon for B in the pop up window.
subA does now show up under B, but when I reach subA page and products, the breadcrumb is still the same:
HOME > PRODUCT > A > subA
instead of what I would expect
HOME > PRODUCT > B > subA

In the category listing, subA does not show under A.
subA does correctly get shown under B.
So the problem seems to be the URL assigned to subA when shown under B.

Is there something that I can do to fix this from the user interface or the views?
If not, can you tell me where I can fix in the DB?

Thank you!

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Ell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 11 months ago #15096

The category_pathway gets set in the function listing of the file components/com_hikashop/views/products/view.html.php near the end of the function.

@Ell : There is maybe a problem in the data of the subA category in the table hikashop_category for the subA entry. I'm afraid that you will have to go in phpmyadmin to look at it and change it if there is a problem with it.

12 years 11 months ago #15102

Hi nicolas,
Thanks for the quick response.

The data in the hikashop_category seems correct.
The category_parent_id is correctly showing the ID of the new parent category (in this case, for B ).
And subA does get shown under B in the view.
I have also moved 2 other sub categories from A to B and all 3 products are having the same problem, so this does not seem to be an isolated problem.

1) From the product top page, I click category B and it will show subA, subB, subC.
2) When I click on subA, the breadcrumb will show that it is under A, not B.
3) When I click the breadcrumb link for A, it does not show subA, subB, nor subC.

I will check on the view.html.php, but if you have any other suggestions as to where to look (esp. the DB), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Ell.

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 11 months ago #15111

Hi Nicolas,

the $pageInfo->filter->cid for some categories was not set and so the pathway_category was set to 0. Also for these categories the show_page_title was not set either. Anyway we deleted the menu entry and all the parmas and menu settings in the hikashop_config that relate to the offending menu. Recreate the menu entry and now when we navigate through the breadcrumb shows correctly and the category title shows correctly.

I have tried saving some other category listings in the meantime to recreate this error and have been unable to do so. If it happens again I will let you know.

Thanks for the pointer and help

12 years 11 months ago #15135

Hi,

I now know what the problem is.
There was a bug reported for 1.4.1 regarding Call to undefined method _rebuildTree().
This applied to my case.
This error message was not appearing in my installment (getting white screen instead), and the category related DB tables all seemed fine, but I guess I missed something.
It is now solved.

Regards,
Ell

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds