1.5.8 to 1.6.0 Product Pictures stopped working

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #64830

I'm having the same problem on my site after upgrading to v1.6. Only the thumbnails are broken on the product page not the cart. The issue is the same however in that the thumbnail is not in the path the broken image is pointing to. Ex:

path on the product page says the thumbnail should be here: "media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail_150x105"
but it's really here: "media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail_150x150"

I've tried reinstalling HS but that problem persists.

Another issue I noticed is that the "Add to Cart" button was missing. For some reason upgrading to 1.6 turned this off. Easily fixed but...

The thumbnails however are a definite issue I need to fix asap.

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by NaturalChaos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13092
11 years 8 months ago #64940

@bigchumpy You need to setup properly the ordering of your images in your products and it should solve that last issue.

@NaturalChaos If you are reinstalling 1.6 with the same package, you will still have the problem. Make sure that you redownload it from our website before reinstalling.
Also, another possibility would be that you had edited the show_block_img or show_default or show files via the menu Display->Views before updating. I would recommend to backup your changes and remove the customizations via the corresponding icon of the listing of views so that the system can use the new views code instead of the old ones.

11 years 8 months ago #64953

Nicolas,

Thanks for the response.

I did download a new copy from the website right before I posted so it was not the same one I used to upgrade initially. I Also checked the files you mentioned to see if I'd made any customizations and I have not. Any other ideas as to what might be causing it? At this point I'm stuck adding any more products to my site. On the plus side, everything I added before the upgrade still works.

Thanks!

11 years 8 months ago #64959

Can you give a link to the product page with the image not working so that we can have a look ?

11 years 8 months ago #64970

Here's one of the pages with the broken thumbnail:

ronincomics.com/product/2838-star-trek-t...on-unlimited-kahless

11 years 8 months ago #65161

From what I can see, it would see that one of the views of the product page has not been updated on your website.
Could you give a back end access to your website via our contact form so that we can check on that?

11 years 7 months ago #66153

I checked your backend.

As I had guessed, you had edited the file "show" via the menu Display->Views. I've removed your customization and the images are not displaying fine on the product page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: NaturalChaos

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds