Hika text appending to a main menu item's alias

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 2
11 years 9 months ago #65317

Hikashop has suddenly appended "/hikashop-menu-for-user-control-panel" to the alias for an existing, unrelated menu item behind the scenes. The page contains no Hika components. This does not appear in the menu item's admin/edit form (it still lists the alias without the Hika generated suffix), and manually removing it from the url no longer directs to the pre-existing page.

This is totally random and very very unacceptable. It appears to be mixing pages from the Main Menu and the HikaShop Default Menu. Any clues how to fix it?

I have disabled all Hikashop's plugins that refer to user accounts as well as the Hika Menu Item with that specific alias with no effect.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MonkeyT. Reason: Added additional info about Hika menu items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 2
11 years 9 months ago #65329

I have repaired the damage manually within the database itself via phpAdmin. After rebuilding all the Menus and categories, it seems to have not repeated itself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 81853
  • Thank you received: 13143
  • MODERATOR
11 years 9 months ago #65523

Hi,

It's not HikaShop which adds that in the URLs. It's the SEF system of joomla which generate the URLs and use the itemid of the URLs to get the aliases of the menus.
When the menus are screwed up on your website, joomla cn mistakenly take the alias of a menu to use in a URL where it shouldn't.
Indeed, the rebuild process of the joomla menu manager can often help sort all that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum