order export puntuation

• Thank you received: 10
9 years 6 months ago #178823

Hi Nicolas, yes I agree that it would be a pity but we are running a lot of sites, selling thousands of items. Just too much to manually process. It needs not only a smooth experience for the buyers, it also needs a smooth backend.
Yes I am able to get it working in Excel but we need all sites to deliver smooth export / imports also to other accounting software and they have the same issue. As mentioned in the a request messages, the exports is to say it politely "chaotic" for most people.
There is also the issues of the dashboard not showing the right numbers for some reason. (which I have mentioned several times. )
We need to deliver weekly reports to shareholders and decision makers. We have build a bridge to vTiger to get it all in. It might be a solution but it is a bit absurd that it is needed. I am also looking with Germinal if his Invoice Manager could do the 'translation' to a proper export. It's getting closer so that might be the solution.
Still I believe that Hika should step to approve the output and solve the dashboard issues.He potential is there but you can't say to clients "oh just add a bit of PHP there" :-)
But thats just my 2cents after working daily with it on lots of site....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
9 years 6 months ago #178824

Hi,

So override the view "backend | your-backend-template | order | export" and replace the line

$format = $config->get('export_format','csv');
By
$format = 'xls';
in order to generate XLS files which will be open directly by excel.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 6 months ago #178846

Hi Jerome, typical answer form a coder, of course I appreciate that you take the time to answer, no doubt.
And yes I can change all 20 (or so) website we are running one by one but no that is not a solution. As written above, most times it needs a careful manual import in excel to get the decimals right. Not to mention the accounting programs that are far worse in imports.

Understand that I put my time in these discussions because I daily work with hika users and customers and would like to see Hika grow to the best allround webshop. The front end is working fine, the backend is ok for the casual user, not for bigger setups that need to satisfy managers, accountant etc. I hope to contribute to a better Hika. Despite the fact that there is no open roadmap.....

Instead of telling me how to add the line, you could also say, we will put it on the todo list and create a proper excel export button with preselection for fields and formats. (The excel format is more than an extension) That makes sense, it will make more people happy and one update will fix all my sites in one go.

9 years 6 months ago #178859

Hi,

You want to contribute to a better HikaShop ?
That's not a problem at all you know.

If you want to solve your punctuation problem, the best will be to improve the Spreadsheet helper.
File : "administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/speadsheet.php"

It's a little file that I wrote several years ago (before the first HikaShop release) and I shared with the HikaShop team.
As you could see the class have some options, some modes and dedicated functions.
There is for example a function to write a number in the spreadsheet file.

Why don't you add an option in order to convert the number in that Helper ?
You can add the option support in the init function (and manage the conflict with the separator) ; and then add the number conversion in the writeNumber function (for the CSV ; Like you will see excel have his own way to write it, I'm not just changing the extension).

So, contributing and sharing your modification will improve HikaShop and provide new options for the export, like a "csv_decimal_separator" option.
But you will have to test it with the HikaShop import system, in order to be sure that the new exported format is working right with the HikaShop import ; otherwise the HikaShop users could have a serious problem during the import and we will have a lot of messages in the forum for this trouble.

Yes I am a developer and I am an HikaShop contributor and my contributions are done for free.
When I am contributing, I test my developments in order to be sure that it won't impact something else in HikaShop ; I am thinking about the HikaShop support team in order to improve HikaShop in the right way (and not give us more support).

There is no open roadmap for the reason that a roadmap has to be followed ; depending the HikaShop forum support, to the discovered bugs, to the idea we got, to the customer requests, to the custom jobs, to the needs in other plugins/components ; HikaShop is improved all the time.
It is not possible to write a open roadmap so there is a private roadmap and only the HikaShop team have access to it.
Because if one point of the roadmap could not be completed in the right time ; there won't be any problem with the HikaShop users who won't complain at it.
When we say that a feature will be in the next release ; it means that we are working on it and we are sure that we will finish it for the next release.

you could also say, we will put it on the todo list and create a proper excel export button with preselection for fields and formats. (The excel format is more than an extension)

1/ The spreadsheet helper does not change the extension to generate an excel file ; And I'm still trying to not take this point personally.
2/ If you want to select the fields, you can use a mass-action and export whatever you want and select all columns to export.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 6 months ago #179010

Dear Jerome,

No don't take it personal, as said before the goal is to improve Hika and there has been a tremendous job done , including you. Never said anything else.
But there is room for improvement and I am battling upset managers day by day about the backend options. So why not let me give feedback and solve those?

To stick to this thread: the comma decimal separator is not full supported by Hika exports and that is a pity.
Yes I will see if I can assign a coder to look at your file but I think it would be better if the Hika team fixes bugs like these.

Thanks for your insights :-)

Bastiaan

9 years 6 months ago #179012

Hi,

Okay.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds