Shop without registration

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 4 months ago #2208

Oh you're right, there was a "human error" on our end. The new packages were mixed with the old version ones. It should be better now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #2218

I've now updated and amended the config to show no registration but it still comes up with the Registration Looking screen. Am I correct to make the amendments as per previous message so that it looks like a shipping form?

Regards,
Andy

13 years 4 months ago #2221

Yes. The no registration option changes only the behavior of the system. If you want to change the texts there you will have to edit the translation file and if you want to remove some fields you will have to go to Display->Custom fields and customize them to your needs.

13 years 1 month ago #9896

I am having some trouble disabling the registration. As posted on this thread I've looked for the "no registration" option in configuration/display tab. It does not appear there. I show a registration option box in configuration/checkout. When I use that and set it to no registration, there is no effect. When I set it to simplified registration. there is no effect. I am using the essential edition purchased recently and have upgraded to 1.4.7.

In order for this cart to work for my client this has to be disabled. What should I try next?

Thank you

13 years 1 month ago #9898

The registration option was indeed moved to the checkout tab few weeks ago.
When you use the "no registration" or the "simplified registration" options, you should have the fields "username", "name", "password" and "verify password" all removed from the checkout registration form. Only the email field and the address information (which can be customized via the menu Display->Custom fields) will be left.

If you want to remove the whole login and address views from the checkout, then you will have to remove the views "login_address_" from the checkout workflow but that means that your users won't receive the emails from HikaShop and that you won't know their addresses...

13 years 1 month ago #9937

thank you for your help I'm really close to having this fixed up. I have the login "left" area to display:none and the registration form down to email and name only. great!

Last thing.

The page title is "Login or create a new account" now that I'm not doing that it's confusing.
and it says "Registration" at the top of the form.

Is there a way I can change this text to better mirror what I am having the customer do?

Thank you again for your help so far.

13 years 1 month ago #9939

found it, nevermind :)

12 years 11 months ago #16219

Does this work with essential and business? I can't afford to spring on the business and really want this option to not have registration.

thanks,

twisty.

12 years 11 months ago #16224

Yes. You can do it with the Essential edition as well.

12 years 11 months ago #16264

When I change to simplified registration or no registration, I get no change in the cart page..

www.columbiacountybread.com/redirect

let me know if I'm missing something.

thanks.

12 years 11 months ago #16265

nevermind.. I was missing something.. (log in: no)

sorry and thanks.

12 years 10 months ago #17318

My client would like to have his customers be able to create accounts and be able to log in, but at the same time not have to create an account to buy stuff, any way to do this with HikaShop?

Like perhaps, simplified registration, with a link to creating a new account that adds the password?

let me know thanks,

twisty

12 years 10 months ago #17319

Simplified registration and then adding a link to the normal joomla registration page could indeed be possible. But in the end, the simplified registration also creates an account on the website so there is not really a point to propose the normal registration, it's just more hassle for the customer and the result is almost the same (that's my personal feeling about it but it might depend on the details of the matter)...

12 years 10 months ago #17323

i know it creates an account but what about the lack of password field? How would they log in again?

12 years 10 months ago #17324

Using the simplified registration, only the email address of the customer is asked. Then, HikaShop generates a random password and uses the email address as username in order to create the account, then send an email to that email address with the username and password, then it automatically logs in the user and let him continue the checkout (or not if you require activation in which case the user will have to open the email in order to click on the activation link).

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds