eBay Integration

• Thank you received: 94
11 years 7 months ago #66056

Hi, Darkling -

Thanks for checking in. Due to low interest that been expressed to date, we have re-prioritized HikaShop eBay integration behind other more popular enhancements for JoomLister. We do still plan to add HikaShop, but there has been much more client demand and interest in other JoomLister features and other shopping carts, so HikaShop has been pushed back, I'm afraid.

Of course, that's always subject to change if we get a large increase in the number of requests for HikaShop to eBay integration. Or, if a client who is very committed to HikaShop decides to fully fund the development as a custom project to get it bumped to the top of the list. It is obviously a lot less expensive for a client to have us add HS compatibility to our supported JoomLister extension, than to do the eBay integration work themselves, so client-funded enhancements occur reasonably often. We'll definitely keep you posted if that happens for HikaShop!

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 35
11 years 6 months ago #69317

Is there any update on this project?
Would be fantastic to see it integreted with new HikaMarket and a way to set ACL rules on it! (so for ex. Base it on membership submission giving that feature only to specific user level)

11 years 6 months ago #69756

Hello -

Thanks for your interest. HikaShop integration for eBay has been deferred to later this year due to low client demand. When we do implement it, it will have the ability to integrate one Joomla eCommerce site with eBay, but not different vendors within one HikaMarket listing to separate eBay stores. So I don't think it will be built to handle that (unless a client comes forward to fund it, of course).

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #76822

Very interested if price is right.

thank you.

edit: Would have to be very easy and user friendly, much like the volusion system.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by omegatechmax.

11 years 4 months ago #77827

Our pricing plans that exist today for the other supported carts would apply equally to HikaShop eBay integration, once complete. You can see them here: polishedgeek.com/paid-extensions/joomlister/pricing-plans.html

We had the pleasure of meeting Nicolas this past weekend at the Joomla World Conference, which was great. We plan to exchange a few emails with him to confirm the best way to handle the characteristics in HikaShop and relate them to eBay features (if possible). HikaShop is already partially coded in JoomLister, so even with the lower priority it should be out around the end of December.

Regarding ease of use compared to Volusion - It's a very different type of tool than Volusion, which has you set up each product one by one for listing on eBay, plus you have to enter repetitive information on each listing. Volusion's integration with eBay is made for occasional eBay listings, but I'd never want to use it for any real volume. JoomLister is designed for eBay listing automation and inventory synchronization, and provides huge time savings and efficiency gains by letting you manage your product information in one place. You can set up a single category mapping record in JoomLister for a category that contains hundreds and hundreds of items, and have them all automatically list on eBay.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by PolishedGeek.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 months ago #79555

Hi,

I too would be interested in this component after my site is up and running. I don't currently have an ebay site, so I do not know if/how ebay would handle variants of a product such as color or size... would JoomLister be able to easily list a Hikashop product with multiple variants such that they would be clearly listed in ebay [along with variant pictures, etc] or would editing be necessary for the variants on Ebay site?

Thanks
Scott

• bluetongue1
11 years 1 month ago #93539

I am definitely interested in the ebay integration. After the first client site is done I will definitely be building more. Bring it on.

• bluetongue1
11 years 1 month ago #93540

Hook me up, I am ready for Hikashop ebay integration

• Thank you received: 17
10 years 9 months ago #110864

Any news on progression for this, just looked at polished geek website and I am surprised it has redshop integration, which I tried in vain to make usable for a year and still not j3 with hikashop ! Btw polished geek, your website isnt listed correctly in your profile here !

The following user(s) said Thank You: PolishedGeek

10 years 9 months ago #110971

We're huge fans of HikaShop, and do a lot of custom HikaShop work, so we'd love to build it. But for whatever reason, there hasn't been very much market demand for JoomLister with HikaShop.

Really surprising to us, too...

Our standing offer is that if a client is genuinely interested in using JoomLister with a new shopping cart that we currently don't support, we'll build it out and begin supporting it in JoomLister IF they will commit to the project by pre-purchasing a one year subscription ($400). It's not cheap for us to add a new cart to the product (development isn't too lengthy because of how we designed the core code, however, there is a LOT of QA testing, product documentation, support costs, etc. each time we add a new cart).

We have only one client who has made only a small down payment on a HikaShop version subscription. Unfortunately, that's it so far for people who are willing to express their interest financially in a HikaShop compatible version.

redSHOP, VM2, MijoShop and AceShop were all built because we had multiple clients who were sincerely interested and willing to pre-purchase them. Not sure why the HikaShop market hasn't been willing to do the same, but it simply hasn't happened. If no one is willing to purchase a year subscription for $400, there's certainly no reason to believe a JoomLister for HikaShop would sell many copies if we developed it on spec hoping for future sales. :unsure:

We'll definitely share the news here if we get a committed sale and build HikaShop compatibility out!

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

9 years 7 months ago #168151

Have just seen this topic... would love to have something where I could post my products to ebay easily, and hope it happens. My own experience is that multi-channel selling returns great results compared to solely relying on just our own website.

9 years 7 months ago #168224

Our eBay integration (the only eBay Certified solution for Joomla) has been converted to a professional service as of 2014, rather than a downloadable extension for general sale. That means we don't have a "HikaShop version" you can buy, but for anyone who wants to enjoy automatic product synchronization with eBay in their HikaShop store, you can always commission us to custom implement it for your product catalog. :)

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

The following user(s) said Thank You: Farang

• Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
9 years 7 months ago #168656

This is very sad news.

I was very excited to read this.. I would have been able to happily pay 400$ for a fully working extension, even though that's quite pricey..

But i can't afford 2K + to have them customly changed over..

9 years 4 months ago #181803

Hi Could you do something for Bid or Buy it is something similar to ebay here in Africa .

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 2 months ago #190141

I too am interested till I saw the price of over 1600 USD, My products don't make that much in a year so there is no point. Sad

9 years 2 months ago #190228

We were disappointed also that there wasn't enough volume of customer interest in an eBay integration to make the extension maintainable as a downloadable extension. :(

There simply aren't enough customers who need HikaShop <--> eBay product listing to support the huge cost of maintaining an extension of this complexity in a profitable way. So we do still offer it as a custom service, which is a good investment for a large store with thousands of items and high product turnover, but not as attractive financially for smaller stores, unfortunately.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
2 years 2 months ago #338760

No whats sad is that there are hundreds of people that still want this integration but you won't budge on your pricing. I mean, if you had just the 300 users that initially looked at this thread and did the math 300x$125 monthly = $37,500 a month. That alone in one month would re-coup your "$25,000" investment into research and development. You're not in the business of Hikashop integration, your in the business of exponentially increasing your money. Which I'm sure which people for your other plugins realize that they should pay a fee for a plugin or component, possibly yearly but not a subscription monthly of anything over $10 to $15. I mean the square plugin is only like $40.

IE:

• Hikashop costs way less than your plugin yearly
  • Why on earth are you charging more than hikashop for a plugin to hikashop?
  • Why hasn't anyone on your end done the simple math above and realized that even having users pay $75 for the component per year still makes up for loss? Especially since its way more than just 300 people asking for this?
  • Why aren't you more ashamed for this cashless money grab that ultimately made you nothing?

2 years 2 months ago #338764

Hi @daedalusteks - Thanks for your candid comments and feedback. I understand your frustration that this potential project from six years ago never came to fruition. I can confirm there are no plans at Polished Geek to build this plugin, regardless of price. If there is sufficient market interest to make this viable, perhaps HikaShop themselves will choose to build it, or someone else will commission it with a different development company and then bring it to the marketplace at a price you find acceptable.

I wish you much success with your eCommerce store.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by PolishedGeek. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds