Tabs Stop Working When Characteristic Changed

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #12867

Hello All,

I'm working on a new site that utilizes the JoomlaWorks Tabs & Slides plugin in the product description area. All was working fine until I added a Characteristic to the product. When the product page is first opened, the Tabs & Slides work as expected, but as soon as a different Variant of the Characteristic is selected, the description area reverts to the first tab position and no other tabs will work although the Characteristic can still be changed.

Nicolas, I will send you a link to a sample page via email as we are still awaiting approval for use of some graphics that are on the page.

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 11 months ago #12886

That's probably because the tab and slide content plugin's javascript doesn't initialize on the fly, and since the descriptions can differ from one variant to another, hikashop copies the descriptions on the fly.

The easiest will be o edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and remove the code below from it:

<div id="hikashop_product_description_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
<?php echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$variant->product_description));?>
</div>

12 years 11 months ago #12889

Thanks Nicolas, That did fix the problem. What would be the downside from removing that bit of code?

Ed

12 years 11 months ago #12891

If you want to have a different description for each of your variants, that won't be possible anymore.

12 years 11 months ago #12895

OK - Shouldn't be a problem on this site; just as long as the image changes it should be good.

So if a description is added to the variant it will replace the main product description entirely? Guess I wasn't aware that it worked that way but if so, it's good to know. (I know, read the docs dummy... Ya might learn somethin' :lol:)

Thanks,
Ed

12 years 11 months ago #12896

Yes. When you enter something in a variant, it overrides the main product information.

12 years 5 months ago #28471

Will this work-around still be needed in 1.5.4?

Thanks,
Ed

12 years 5 months ago #28486

yes.

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 9 months ago #55531

I need additional help. Where do I locate this file? Thanks!

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas Edison

Meditation for Health
www.seekwithinyou.com

11 years 9 months ago #55532

You need to edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views of HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jackpotwinner

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds