Problem with images

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15253

I am having a problem sizing the images for my product listing and product pages. For some reason adjusting the image width and height parameters have not effect on the image size on the product page but changing the thumbnail size parameters effect both the product page and product listing page. Thanks for your help with this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #15256

I'm also noticing that the size of the image before it is uploaded effects how the image looks

• Thank you received: 13063
12 years 11 months ago #15271

When you set the size for images, it only applies to new images.
When you set the size of thumbnails, it applies to them immediately but they are not really resized. They still have their old size and your browser is doing the resize dynamically, which can lead to pixelization. You can delete the files in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails so that HikaShop recreates the thumbnails automatically with your new settings.

If you want different sizes on the listing and the product page, that's currently not possible with the options in the config.
You will have to use some CSS like explained here : www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...duct-page.html#10151

12 years 11 months ago #15284

I created a class with the string .hikashop_product_main_image_thumb img{width: xxxpx!important; height: xxxpx!important;} and it resized the image on product page.

12 years 11 months ago #15288

So now when I turn the footer it reduces the height of my image. How do I correct this? Also, how do I set it so that the child images are below the default image and not within the default image? I've seen both but do not know what I did to cause one or the other

12 years 11 months ago #15293

Could you give a link to your page so that we can see the problem ?

12 years 11 months ago #15334

12 years 11 months ago #15335

You need to specify the height of the image div:
#hikashop_main_image_thumb_div{height: 310px !important;}

12 years 11 months ago #15420

Yes, I did set the height but it is this text "Hikashop, Joomla E-commerce extension" that is bothering m. Is it possible to remove this text? If not in the start version in the essential version? Also, what about the issue with how the child images are displayed on the product page? I would like to have the child images below the larger image and not within it. How can I change this?

12 years 11 months ago #15421

I know I'm throwing a lot of questions at you but I just purchased the essential version of Hikashop and i'm putting the finishing touches on my site. How do I change the positioning of text on a product page? I want my text to be at the same height of price display.

12 years 11 months ago #15426

You can remove the footer with the option "show footer" in the config under the tab display.

Concerning your problem of images, the CSS I gave in my previous message solves the problem:
#hikashop_main_image_thumb_div{height: 310px !important;}

You just need to add it to the CSS of hikashop via the interface in the tab display of the config.

The title is actually at the same height but since you added some CSS to make it bigger, it is a bit off compared to the price. You can add some more CSS for that:
.hikashop_product_price_main{
padding-top: 5px;
display: block;
}

12 years 11 months ago #15430

What code would I have to edit to change the height of the text and not the price block?

12 years 11 months ago #15434

To be more clear I would like have the text to the right of the picture and left of the price and variant display.

12 years 11 months ago #15453

Then you should do that by editing the code of the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and move the code:
<span id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main">
<?php
echo $this->element->product_name;
?>
</span>
inside the hikashop_product_right_part div.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds