Notifications from Authorize.net (AIM API)

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #18617

Joomla: 1.6.3
Hikashop: 1.5.1

When using Authorize.net as the payment gateway with the AIM as the API then the option "Allow payment notifications from Authorize" does not have any effect; Authorize.net will look up the configuration in the Merchant Interface to determine if it should send a receipt email or not.

To fix this you'll need to pass an addition field into the API CURL call: 'x_email_customer'. I patched mine like this:

/plugins/hikashoppayment/authorize/authorize.php starting line 103...

FROM...

103>		$vars["x_tran_key"] = $method->payment_params->transaction_key;
104>		$post_string = "";

TO...
103>		$vars["x_tran_key"] = $method->payment_params->transaction_key;
104>		$vars["x_email_customer"] = (@$method->payment_params->notification) ? '1':'0';
105>		$post_string = "";

Here's the API information from Auth:

FIELD NAME: x_email_customer
REQUIRED?: Optional
VALUE: The customer email receipt status
FORMAT: TRUE, FALSE, T, F, YES, NO, Y, N, 1, 0
NOTES:
Indicates whether an email receipt should be sent to the customer.
If set to TRUE, the payment gateway will send an email to the customer after the transaction is processed using the customer email address submitted with the transaction. If FALSE, no email is sent to the customer.
If no value is submitted, the payment gateway will look up the configuration in the Merchant Interface and send an email only if the merchant has enabled the setting. If this field is not submitted and the setting is disabled in the Merchant Interface, no email is sent.
For more information about configuring Email Receipts in the Merchant Interface, see the Merchant Integration Guide.

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by drewgg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 10 months ago #18619

That's not a bug. That option is not used for the AIM API but only for the SIM API as explained in the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...-authorize-form.html

There is just no option to control the email sent to the user by authorize.net in the authorize.net plugin.

12 years 10 months ago #18621

Oh, why not have it effect both then? Seems strange to be able to turn on/off the SIM receipt and not the AIM. This came up for me because while testing my cart I was getting 2 emails per purchase (1 from Hika, 1 from Auth). However, our authorize.net account is used for multiple purposes so we don't want to change the receipt rules there. Either way, I guess I'll just keep my patch and make sure I don't kill it when updating.

Thanks!

12 years 10 months ago #18622

You will get two emails with the SIM API as well. That option is NOT for that. It's to allow or not the status of orders being changed when authorize.net notify HikaShop that the payment has been made. That way you can control it manually or not.

What you want would require an additional option in the plugin.

12 years 10 months ago #18627

ohh, ok. I was confused then. Thanks for clearing that up :)

11 years 8 months ago #61561

How can I keep hikashop from sending out emails? I only want the email/confirmation receipt to come from authorize.net!

11 years 8 months ago #61630

Hi,

You can do that by unpublishing the emails via the menu System>Emails but only in the Business edition.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds