Checkout not working for some users with IE8

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #19608

Some Internet Explorer 8 users are unable to proceed past login in the checkout process.
Once logged in they click the next button only to be logged out or have the same page refreshed instead of proceeding to the next step.

The process does however work fine if the user selects Safety->InPrivate Browsing.

Other browsers apear OK. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 9 months ago #19609

I just tried all four possibilities (with the inprivate mode with the option, with the inprivate mode without the option,without the inprivate mode with the option,without the inprivate mode without the option ) with IE8 on our demo website and didn't had any problem during the checkout.
So we're not able to reproduce the problem.

12 years 9 months ago #19612

Is it possible to get access to your test site?

This way I can test this scenario with the exact browser that is having the troubles. It only apears to be happeing on some browsers, perhaps due to settings.

Anyway by testing on your site I can troubleshoot if it is a problem specific to our shop or a more generic problem.

12 years 9 months ago #19613

As I said, I tested on our demo website: demo.hikashop.com
You have front and back end access...

12 years 9 months ago #19614

Thanks for that!

I have now tested on your site without problem so this problem is specific to our site.

12 years 9 months ago #19615

nicolas wrote:

As I said, I tested on our demo website: demo.hikashop.com
You have front and back end access...

Demo site is looking good, where can I get that module for displaying products with the slide feature that's on the front page?

12 years 9 months ago #19621

It's a free image rotator module called DJ Image Slider: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-...ages-slideshow/13119
It's not displaying products but just images with a link to the corresponding product page.
You can see how we configured it in the back end of the demo website.

12 years 4 months ago #32604

I think I may be having this same problem. I'm using Joomla 1.5.22 and Hikashop 1.5.5 Essential. My site is HollywoodHairBling.com Everything works great with Firefox and Safari and there are no problems with the checkout. However, I have had several customers complain that they were able to register and submit their information but were unable to complete their purchase because the page reloaded and they were left wondering if their order had gone through (which it hadn't). I'm a total noob and am not sure what I haven't configured correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by hollywood.

12 years 4 months ago #32636

I just tried with IE8 on your website and it works fine.
If we can't reproduce the problem, we unfortunately cannot fix it.
Please try to gather more information on how to reproduce the problem.

12 years 4 months ago #32638

Hi Guys,

I can confirm that we have continued to experience this issue. It is not very often however some clients have phoned us with the issue as explained above. Click next and the same page in the checkout reloads. The trouble is it is very rare and hard to pin down to a specific set of circumstance. The best I can say is that each user who has experienced the problem has been using IE and that they were then able to process the order fine if they switched browsers.

I will endeavour to gather more info from future users who experience this issue if this will help.

12 years 4 months ago #32791

Hi,

We finally found the problem here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/5-supp...avec-ie7-et-ie8.html

Basically, the problem only happens on IE7 because of a bug in IE7 when handling sessions for iframes.
The easiest is to turn off the option "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" in the Checkout tab of the configuration of HikaShop.
Alternatively, if you're on joomla 1.7 you should be able to fix that by configuring the P3P plugin according to that:
adamyoung.net/IE-Blocking-iFrame-Cookies

12 years 4 months ago #32797

Awesome! Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks so much for your help! :)

12 years 2 months ago #36660

I am having this problem also, and the AJAX thing is turned off. I added the header thing from the link you sent, but I may have put it on the wrong page. Which page should it be on? Do you have any other reasons as to why this isn't working in IE?

12 years 2 months ago #36663

I thought this problem was solved after turning the Ajax off but unfortunately have still had some customers complain that when they go to checkout after entering their information the page will just "go away" (my customers do not have a lot of technical know-how to let me know anymore than this what's happening). Occasionally I will receive their information (name, address, etc) but then they will say they couldn't complete their order. I have had to resort to invoicing these customers through Paypal but do not consider this a viable long term option. I don't know how many more times errors have occurred that have not been reported to me. I have tried testing and am unable to reproduce the error so am not sure where they originate from. Overall I love Hikashop though and would just like to figure out these little glitches. Thanks for all your help!

12 years 2 months ago #36735

Did you try to configure the P3P plugin of joomla ? That's the best way of solving the problem.

12 years 2 months ago #36790

Yes I did, no luck.

12 years 2 months ago #36904

Coudl you do a screenshot of your P3P plugin options so that we can see what you did ?
Also please make sure that the plugin is enabled :)

12 years 2 months ago #36997

one of my coworkers actually figured it out, it had nothing to do with that. it was actually with my URL having underscores in it, and something about IE and the cookies not working right with underscores, so i had to change them to dashes instead and works fine now.

12 years 2 months ago #37115

Thank you for your feedback.

12 years 2 months ago #37117

no problem. thanks for having such great support!

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds