RESOLVED:Pop up windows not saving translated text

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #51138

I have discovered a problem. May not be a bug, I might not have settings right. I am not sure if it is related to HikaShop, FaLang or both.

In addition to the FaLang translation page [which appears to be working fine], I also have translation tabs on the add/edit pages for Categories, Products, Characteristics, and Characteristic Values. Reading the HikaShop Product and Variant Add/Edit Doc, I think that this is an add-on for HikaShop Business.

PROBLEM:

Language Translations work on the Characteristics add/edit page - as Italian is entered directly into a field without a popup box. -- Also Characteristics Values can be entered successfully in both english and Italian in a separate popup box. The save button on this window is a green "plus sign".

But on Categories and Products [also Manufacturers] a popup box opens and my translations in Italian are lost after clicking on the separate save button which is not a green plus sign but rather a computer disc with "ok". Translations are saved correctly when entered on the FaLang translate page and then show up on these Category and Product pages' Italian tabs.... but can not be edited and saved from here.

If this is a problem with HikaShop or integration of FaLang with Hikashop, Can you offer any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Scott

EDIT: PLEASE DISREGARD PARAGRAPH BELOW FOR NOW AS I DO NOT THINK IT IS RELATED TO ABOVE PROBLEM

Also I can not "select" module on Display tab of Config Page to link module of Related Products to Products pages. Will not let me save selection. Shouldn't I see selection on page after saved? NOTE: Same window with Disc and OK as are causing problems with translations! Could this second problem be related?

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by scottshort. Reason: RESOLVED

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
11 years 10 months ago #51221

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on our end. Could you try on our demo website, to see if you can reproduce the problem ?

11 years 10 months ago #51222

RELATED PROBLEM?

Also I can not "select" module on Display tab of Config Page to link module of Related Products to Products pages. Will not let me save selection. Shouldn't I see selection on page after saved? NOTE: Same window with Disc and OK as are causing problems with translations! Could this second problem be related?

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by scottshort. Reason: clarification

11 years 10 months ago #51265

I am not sure how to try and recreate problem on your demo site without accessing your administration pages to see if same thing happens. - I am now experiencing a third instance of similar problem trying to select images to display on my front page image module....

Note, that i reinstalled HikaShop over existing install just to see but problem still here. I am asking around for help, but If you can think of what might be causing problem please let me know. I am stuck now until I get this problem resolved.

thanks
Scott

EDIT: PLEASE EXCUSE, SOLVED ABOVE [3RD] PROBLEM WITH IMAGE MODULE. IT IS UNRELATED. AND THE PROBLEM WITH SETTING UP THE RELATED PRODUCTS MODULE MAY JUST BE THAT I AM NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CORRECTLY.. I WILL READ AGAIN AND IF I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THAT WILL FOLLOW UP ON A NEW POST. REST OF MY POSTS HERE WILL BE RELATED TO ORIGINAL PROBLEM OF TRANSLATIONS NOT SAVING - PROBLEM STILL HERE. THANKS

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by scottshort. Reason: CLARIFICATION - WITH APOLOGIES

• Thank you received: 13035
11 years 10 months ago #51356

When you access our demo website, there is a "back end" link in the top menu.
Click on it and you will go to the back end of our demo website.

Normally, the username and password (demo/demo) should already be filled in the fields of the login form.

I checked your website. It seems to be working randomly. I think that it's because of the timeout for closing the popup. I've increased that on your website and it's working better now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: scottshort

11 years 10 months ago #51598

Hello again Nicolas,

Thanks again for visiting my test site to resolve my issue.

1. Ok Thanks, I have now visited demo site front and back end and am studying all of your display effects, etc. Maybe if we're lucky, I will figure out a few things on my own without having to ask for help.. :whistle:

2. Whatever you did, translations are saving now, thanks! I do notice that the popup window seems to freeze [with a partial picture of admin screen] which I think is not normal [usually popup closes completely upon save?].... however, I just click on the "x" and can close the popup and all else seems fine....so OK here.

3. I will plan to do most of my translations directly on the FaLang translation tab, however this added ability to edit and make changes to the formatting of my translations while directly on the products and category pages is a beneficial plus of the commercial edition of HikaShop.

Regards
Scott

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds