0 Quantity not showing as out of stock

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 9 months ago #55603

I am testing a new setup of Hika Shop and just upgraded it to Essential after great support on CSS issue. I also noticed something last night which was that a product with Quantity = 0 shows up as being available to buy. When you click on it to add to cart it will goto the cart is empty screen.

Now doing more testing found that if you add products which are in stock, then goto the item that is quantity =0 (but not showing out of stock) it will allow you to try and buy it, then empty the whole cart?

Can proceed to production by setting quantity to unlimited, but this seems like a bug to me and defeats the purpose of having a quantity counter. I've been able to replicate this a number of times now. Install the lastest version of Essential this morning, same result. (if you like i can take screen shots of the events)

thanks
tonto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13070
11 years 9 months ago #55672

We don't have the problem on our end. Could you give a link to your page and the screenshots ?
Note that it might be a problem related to caching: you had an unlimited quantity with the add to cart button displayed, then changed that, but since the product page was cached by joomla/your template, the add to cart button was still displayed.
So please check these points:
Disable the cache in Joomla configuration.
Site -> global configuration -> system -> "Cache settings".
Disable, if it's enabled, a joomla cache plugin.
Check your template' options for a potential cache option and deactivate it.

11 years 9 months ago #55786

Hi
This is getting really wierd now. While testing to get screen shots going into the shop logged my test user out. So logged back in and back to shop. Added mens shirt to cart, all good so far. Shows up on in the cart and takes me to checkout. Click on continue shopping button. Returns to Catalog, but cart is now empty.

Caching has always been off. Uses an Artisteer template. Womens shirts with 0 quantity still not showing 'out of stock' and i can't find any documentation on this. Help please can't open the shop when its this erratic.

11 years 9 months ago #55804

Hi,

You have characteristics attached to your product. So the stock is managed on a per variant basis.
If you click on the "manage variants" button of your product when you edit it, you will see that all the variants of the product have an unlimited quantity.
If you don't want to control the stock of the product on a per variant basis, then you should consider not using characteristics but custom item fields or options instead:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
They won't create variants of the product and thus you will be able to control the stock in the product itself.

11 years 9 months ago #55856

Hi there. Thanks very much for the prompt support and reply on the quantity issue. It all makes sense now as I think about it. Would be really great if the documentation/help made that just a little bit more understandable. I wasn't quite thinking about it at an individual stock level for each variant at the top product level.

Still not sure thou why the test threw up being logged out, and clearing the cart when you add an out of stock product at the top level? Have you tested that? Not sure if all the testing is creating cached carts so I will test next with some new ID's

While I do have your attention can you really look at the Paymate payment system in Australia please. There are currently really only two options now in Australia for Hikashop. Paypal and Eway.

Both systems work and are reliable and have good and bad side. Paypal is fine for small volume, but has a high transaction cost. Eway had a great model but a high upfront yearly charge that only makes it effective for large volume, and unattractive for those businesses trying out e-commence for the first time. Paymate hits the nice sweet spot between the two and also is now offering alot in the mobile transaction business.

Ironically for the size of the economy here online trading has been very limited. I put this forward as I lived in the UK and Japan which both have huge online markets. Was really surprised when I moved here how little online trading there was. That is however changing rapidly and i really think Hikashop with Joomla can expand here. There is already the best plugin for Australian post I've seen so far, so adding Paymate as a payment plugin will make this the best online shop module here.

Thanks
tt

11 years 9 months ago #55860

Hi Hika team
Just thinking more on this. I get that the stock levels for variants are managed that level vs the top level product, but why when you add a product does it not appear in the cart.

Following this forward from what you told me. If you have variants, and the stock is managed at that level then yes I understand it won't show at the top level as out of stock. But why when I add a product to the cart does it does not show up. This does not follow thru? If the variant has unlimited stock then when I add it to my cart it should appear. This has not been the case in my testing.

Is this a case of documentation updates that says if you are using product variants you should never set the product level quantity to zero as when you do use that option the produce quantity is managed at the varaint level. And if this is the case could the system be updated to disable the top level product quantity field if variants do exist?

thank so much and I do love HikaShop and we will be using it, just need to clear out the bugs.

tt

11 years 9 months ago #55907

You should either set the global quantity in the main product, or set it to unlimited.
When you add a variant of a product to the cart, the product itself is also added to the cart as a reference. If you have the main product with a stock of 0, that might indeed create such problem.

Maybe the documentation could be improved on that end, yes :)
Disabling the field is not an option as you can actually have both the main product and the variants stock updates at the same time.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds