Category listing with direct sub categories bug

• Thank you received: 5
11 years 8 months ago #59350

The bug is found on this page:
air-smartz.asia/demo/airobotics

Problem 1
I click on say "S-Series" to open the panel to show its sub categories. Then I click on the sub category "Trial Class Project". When I reach the page, the panel is closed instead of opened like what I see on Hikashop demo site.

Problem 2
When I click on "Event Series" under Workshop, followed by "Lantern Festival", the active highlighted tab becomes something else instead of "Event Series". I would also like the panel to remain opened like what I see on Hikashop demo site.

Joomla version: 2.5.6
Hikashop: 1.5.8 (business)

Kindly please help.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by huiyun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
11 years 8 months ago #59413

Can you try to replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/category/tmpl/listing_list.php with the one from this archive and then try again ?

Attachments:

11 years 8 months ago #59466

Thank you for solving problem 1.

However the 2nd problem remains. When I click on "Event Series" under Workshop, followed by "Lantern Festival", the active highlighted tab becomes something else instead of "Event Series". It only happens to the categories found inside the "Workshop" box. As you can see, the categories found inside the "Workshop" box belong to a different parent category from that of the ones found inside "Age Group" box. For this feature to work properly, am I allowed to display more than 1 hikashop_content_module on the same page?

11 years 8 months ago #59526

I must say that i've never tried with more than 1 module.
We would need to have a back end access to your website in order to look at that problem.

11 years 8 months ago #59694

I had sent you the backend access via the contact form yesterday. Have you received it?

11 years 8 months ago #59695

I got it. I was actually testing that at the moment and found that that the algorithm is correct in HikaShop.
I went online and indeed found out that the JPane system of Joomla doesn't allow for default openings when more than one of them are displayed on the page:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=493263

So it's actually a joomla problem. The solution proposed there should fix the problem for you but that will require that you hack the joomla JPane library and the file "listing_list" of the "category" view in HikaShop (in order to call it differently).

Thus I would recommend to not have more than one Pane on your pages.
If you want to display two categories listing modules on a page, you can try to either use another accordion module like this one:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...hop-extensions/21225
or change the "Show sub categories" option of your module so that it doesn't use the accordion effect of joomla.

The following user(s) said Thank You: huiyun

11 years 8 months ago #59720

Since it is a limitation posed by Joomla itself, then it can't be help. I shall take your recommendation not to have more than one pane on each page.

Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds