After updating 1.5.8 to 1.6 Product page wery slow

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #62635

After updating 1.5.8 to 1.6 Product pages are wery slow. (too slow) Much slower as before update.

If there is combination of multiple Characteristics prodict page loads wery slovly.

I have like this:
Characteristic 1 12 values
Characteristic 2 16 values
Characteristic 3 3 values

This makes product page to load too slow.

If procut has no Characteristics it loads fast.

I tested also so that i created new product with same Characteristics and it loads little faster but still slov. Much slover than before upgrading.

I found also that there is new feature to shov Characteristics "by order". Ordering values were all 0 but enering there sequental numbers did not speed up.

Setting sorting method for Characteristics has no effect.

Mabye indexing or slow sql-query problem.

Hannu

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by hannuvirta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
11 years 6 months ago #62747

Hi,

Well, it will actually be the opposite. With the 1.6.0 release we added modifications to the variants handling so that it will display the pages faster. You must have had already the slowness problem with 1.5.8 as it was not meant to have 500 variants for a product.
That is however not activated by default to avoid updating issues.
To activate that, you should add an entry in the table hikashop_config via phpmyadmin with the namekey variant_increase_perf and the value 1

10 years 8 months ago #114652

Hi,
I have a smimilar issue with 4 Characteristics ending up with 769 Variants and the product page is loading very slow. Is there a way to speed up the product page loading process ?
You mention something "to activate that" in this thread, is this still valid for Version 2.2.0, or are there other ways ?
Thanks,
Robert

10 years 8 months ago #114688

I did not find solution.

I used workaround to create variants using attributes.

-h-

• Thank you received: 13035
10 years 8 months ago #114704

If you have 700 variants for a product, it's not normal.
Normally, there is no need to have more than a hundred variants for a product.
I would recommend you to consider using options ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options ) or custom fields of the table "item" ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html ) instead of characteristics or a mix of them. That way you will be able to greatly reduce the number of variants and thus avoiding slow page loads.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds