order has different characteristic than customer

• Thank you received: 6
11 years 6 months ago #69599

i have a problem with my shop which is costing me alot money in returns, so am wanting to find out the cause urgently.

i have recently had quite a few orders come through my hikashop with the wrong characteristics than what the customer selected. i sell clothes and nearly all products have a colour and a size. In the last few days quite a number of customers have contacted me to say that i shipped them the wrong size. i have checked the orders and it shows the size that i shipped. However, this size is not the size the customer ordered. this has happened on many orders so it isn't just one customer making a mistake.

This message contains confidential information

one example is a customer who is a size 12 and selected 4 different products all in size 12, but in her order that i see in backend, 1 item is a size 12, 1 is a size 16, 1 is a size 24 and 1 is a size 20. Obviously this person is not accidentally putting in the wrong size, plus it has happened to many customers in the last few weeks.

i can only think of two things i have done recently to my hikashop.

i upgraded the shop from 1.5.9 to 1.6.0 (which leads me to think this is a bug with 1.6.0)

also most of these orders have come through with a sitewide discount coupon they have used in the checkout.

please help

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by woonydanny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #69634

Any ideas to why this may be occurring? Many thanks

11 years 6 months ago #69762

Might need to take my shop offline unil I can resolve this

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 6 months ago #69934

You should avoid bumping your messages. It takes more time for your message to hit the bottom of the queue and thus you have to wait longer for an answer from us, which thus has the opposite effect of what you want. If it's urgent, just write "urgent" in your thread subject.

No one reported such problem with the 1.6.0
Are you able to reproduce the problem yourself on your website ?
If so, could you give a step by step so that we try to reproduce it on our end and reproduce it on your website ?

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

11 years 5 months ago #74145

Hi Nicolas,
This is still occurring on my site and I am still having to make costly returns in products to customers.

I think I may have found a product that I can replicate this issue.

If you select the default characteristics ('red' and size '10') and then click to go to cart in the popup it shows that it is a 'stone' colour in size '18'.

This is exactly error i think, which makes us ship out to customer wrong product. Not sure if this is somehow an issue with how the shop is setup, but for me it looks like a bug

11 years 5 months ago #74146

actually, by testing, it now looks like if you dont change the characteristics and just click add to cart with the default selected characteristics then at least one of the characteristics is nearly always wrong

e.g

default characteristics are 'black' and size '10' but when click add to cart and then Proceed to Cart it has saved a 'black' size '24'

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by woonydanny.

11 years 5 months ago #74378

Should I upgrade to Hikashop 2.0? and see if it fixes it or should I wait for your fix in HS1.6?

11 years 5 months ago #74722

just so you're aware, upgrading to version 2 has not fixed this issue.

11 years 5 months ago #75269

Nicolas, it has been over 4 weeks now and this issue has still not been looked at. I have provided products where I think I have replicated the issue. I just need to find out what im doing wrong or have it fixed so i dont keep sending out wrong product sizes and colours to customers.

Could you kindly look at the issue as soon as you can. many thanks

11 years 5 months ago #75498

The problem is that the id of the variant selected by default is 6387 but the variant id on your page is 6261 before changing the characteristics value.

The code of the variant 6261 (black 10) is T235_3_28.

The default code on the page is T235_3_35.

So there is a problem with the data of the variants of the product. I would need to look at your product variants on your backend in order to say more. Could you provide a backend access to your website via our contact form with a link to this thread ?

11 years 5 months ago #75668

email sent

11 years 5 months ago #76070

The information you gave was not correct.

The product's default characteristics are:
Colour: as photo
size: 10

However, there are no variant as photo/10 for that product:--removed--

You need to select valid default values for your product characteristics on the product edition page and it will work properly.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

11 years 5 months ago #76286

nicolas wrote: The information you gave was not correct.

The product's default characteristics are:
Colour: as photo
size: 10

You need to select valid default values for your product characteristics on the product edition page and it will work properly.

Well that just highlights how retarded the variants system is then. Why is it letting you put a default of a characteristic that isn't there.

As I have mentioned previously, you really need to focus some development on the characteristics/variants side of the extension. I think it should popup and ask which ones you want to add to the product so you dont have to add a million different combinations and then waste heaps of time going back and deleting all the ones you dont want.

Not a user friendly system (and neither is the discount system - product discounts should be done within the product page!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by woonydanny.

11 years 5 months ago #76287

So how does it work then, when you set the default to be a colour that is in stock, but then that stock sells out and no stock in that colour is left? is that a problem?

or is it only a problem when the actual variants that remain after deleting hundreds of automatically generated ones are not matching to the 'default' one selected?

in anycase, i hope you can see how this is a flawed process - so we have to manually go through thousands of products to set defaults now which will take days!!!!!!!!

11 years 5 months ago #76341

We already know that the current system is not adapted to such situation. And as I already said before, the characteristic/variant system WILL be improved in order to make it easy to use.
Unfortunately, not everything can be done at the same time and we didn't had the time to focus on that so far, but it's in the roadmap and we want to do it next year.

Indeed, you need to be careful to select a valid variant as default since there is no check on that. It would indeed be great to have such check but then, by default that variant existed when it when saved as the default one....until you deleted the variant as you didn't need it. And it's not that easy to add such check.

It's not a problem, you can have a default variant without stock. The variant won't be buyable but the others will.

The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

11 years 5 months ago #76945

nicolas wrote: Indeed, you need to be careful to select a valid variant as default since there is no check on that. It would indeed be great to have such check but then, by default that variant existed when it when saved as the default one....until you deleted the variant as you didn't need it. And it's not that easy to add such check.

A fix for this is that before all the variants are created, you get to choose which ones you want to use from the characteristics for the particular product

for example, if i have two characteristics 'colour' and 'size', and in each i have 30 options, on each product i should be able to choose (in a modal popup) which of the 30 options from each characteristic i want this product to have. then after i select these i click a button and it creates all the variants. that way i am only creating the variants i need for that particular product and not every time creating 900 variants (30x30) and deleting the ones not relevant for each product.

:)

11 years 5 months ago #76964

Yes, we want to completely redo the characteristics adding process on the product edition page and it will be something like that but even better.
Actually, we want to replace the whole edition page with the same edition page of HikaMarket. If you try to edit a product on the frontend of our demo website, with HikaMarket, you'll see that the interface is much more simple and clear than what we have on the backend.
So, we'll first add it to the frontend edition page of HikaMarket and after we validate it, we'll add it to the backend of HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds