Bug confirming email address during registration

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #82685

HikaShop Essential 2.0 on Joomla 3.0:

If I set Display email confirmation field to "Yes" and Registration to "Registration" in Configuration > Checkout, then when I try to register a new user, I get the confirmation field to reenter the email address.

However, even though I enter a valid email address in both fields, I am not allowed to proceed with the registration. I get the error message:

Please enter a value for the field E-mail

- even though the e-mail field has been entered.

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Lemon Tree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 4 months ago #82760

Hi,

Thanks for the report, I have corrected it on our end and will be in the next release.
To correct this issue, you have to edit the view "checkout / registration_bootstrap" and replace:

<input type="text" name="data[register][email_confirm]" id="register_email_confirm" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->mainUser->get( 'email' ));?>" class="required validate-email" maxlength="100" size="30" aria-required="true" required="required" onchange="if(this.value!=document.getElementById('register_email').value){alert('<?php echo JText::_('THE_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL_DIFFERS_FROM_THE_EMAIL_YOUR_ENTERED',true); ?>'); this.value = '';}">
By:
			<input type="text" name="data[register][email]" id="register_email" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->mainUser->get( 'email' ));?>" class="required validate-email" maxlength="100" size="30" aria-required="true" required="required" onchange="if(this.value!=document.getElementById('register_email').value){alert('<?php echo JText::_('THE_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL_DIFFERS_FROM_THE_EMAIL_YOUR_ENTERED',true); ?>'); this.value = '';}">

You can too change the type of the input field for the passwords from "text" to "password".

11 years 4 months ago #82832

I am still getting this error after making these changes.

11 years 4 months ago #82838

Xavier wrote:
You can too change the type of the input field for the passwords from "text" to "password".

I think I have found where to do this - in the same registration_bootstrap file which is in the user view.

I have made the changes you recommend, but even after clearing my Joomla cache and browser cache, these modifications are not having effect.

I have only edited the registration_bootstrap file for my default template. Do I need to modify any of the other versions (e.g. for template Beez3, etc.)?

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Lemon Tree.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 4 months ago #82972

Hi,

You have to edit the view "checkout | registration_bootstrap" like Xavier explained.
You would see a block starting by

<?php if($this->config->get('show_email_confirmation_field',0)){ ?>
You have to replace the block by this one :
<?php if($this->config->get('show_email_confirmation_field',0)){ ?>
	<div class="control-group hikashop_registration_email_confirm_line">
		<div class="control-label">
			<label id="email_confirm_msg" for="register_email_confirm" class="required" title=""><?php echo JText::_( 'HIKA_EMAIL_CONFIRM' ); ?></label>
		</div>
		<div class="controls">
			<input type="text" name="data[register][email_confirm]" id="register_email_confirm" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->mainUser->get( 'email' ));?>" class="required validate-email" maxlength="100" size="30" aria-required="true" required="required" onchange="if(this.value!=document.getElementById('register_email').value){alert('<?php echo JText::_('THE_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL_DIFFERS_FROM_THE_EMAIL_YOUR_ENTERED',true); ?>'); this.value = '';}">
		</div>
	</div>
<?php
}
Just before there is the "register email" part which have the name "data[register]" and the confirmation email should be called "data[register][email_confirm]". Regards,[email]" and the confirmation email should be called "data[register][email_confirm]".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 4 months ago #83185

Same problems here, email confirmation js alert with correct data entered and the code above doesn't work. Also the password is seen when typing when should be displayed as dots or something ... not the actual password.

11 years 4 months ago #83188

I see ditto for the password - shows text instead of dots.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 4 months ago #83326

SOLVED in registration_bootstrap
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds