Error Message at End of Checkout

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #86079

I just did a test purchase, using credit card as the payment method. The order and payment went through perfectly, but at the end of the checkout process I got this error at the top of the screen:

Notice: ob_end_clean() [ref.outcontrol]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete. in /clientdata/apache-www/s/h/shamrockshirts.com.au/www/2013/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php on line 385

Could you please tell me how to fix it? Site is going live in less than 12 hours.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
11 years 3 months ago #86116

Hi,

It's a joomla notice. And it's just a notice, not an error.
If you are going live, the best thing to do is to remove PHP notice, like all production sites do.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shamrockshirts

11 years 3 months ago #86117

Thank you!

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by shamrockshirts.

11 years 3 months ago #86240

I have adjusted my php notice settings, so the notice line is no longer showing, however there is definately a problem.

As you can see from the screenshot attached, when a customer has gone through checkout (using the credit card, or paypal payment pro method) they are presented with a blank screen.

The "Thank you for your purchase" text is up in the top left corner of the screen, and there is nothing in the space where it should be. My customers are going to assume their order didn't work, this is going to cause great confusion.

My site is now LIVE so I need to fix this urgently. Your help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by shamrockshirts.

11 years 3 months ago #86282

Hello? Could someone please help me with this? It's now Monday morning in Sydney and I'm going to lose sales today if this isn't fixed.

• Thank you received: 13089
11 years 3 months ago #86423

Hi,

That's not an error of HikaShop. That "thank you" message is displayed through Joomla/your template. And it's actually your template which is made to display messages there without any styling.
Usually, templates display messages in the middle of the page with some styling like on our contact page for example:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html

So the problem is actually that the template is missing the CSS for messages and that the position of messages should be in the middle. You should contact your template provider for that.

As a quick work around, you can edit the file "after_end" for your template via the menu Display->Views of HikaShop and instead of the code:
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage( JText::_('THANK_YOU_FOR_PURCHASE') );

you can use:
echo JText::_('THANK_YOU_FOR_PURCHASE');

11 years 3 months ago #86462

I tried replacing that code, and it had no effect.

I also don't understand why it's a problem with the template, when it's only with the one type of payment method that this happens. Surely if it was a css problem it would be consistent across all 3 payment methods? The other two methods display the message correctly.

11 years 3 months ago #86829

Could I PLEASE have some support with this? This is directly affecting my sales and income.

11 years 3 months ago #86868

It's only a problem with this payment method because the two other payment methods do not use that view file to display the thank you message. The direct deposit payment method uses the "end" file of the view "checkout" to display its message and it uses the text echo JText::_('THANK_YOU_FOR_PURCHASE'); instead of the other one which is used by the after_end view file. That's why it already works for it and not for the "after_end" view file that is used by the other payment method.

So, the method I already gave to circumvent the problem is the correct one. If you don't see any change, it highly likely that you're not editing the view file for the correct template. If you're editing the view file for another template than the one you're using on your frontend, you won't see any difference.

11 years 3 months ago #86921

I have definately changed the code in the correct file, and I have also just tried changing it in the bluestork template as well, just in case.

It has made no difference. The thank you message still does not display properly.

11 years 3 months ago #86930

Could you tell me how to override the default thank you message (for all payment methods - paypal, paypal payments pro, and direct deposit) so that the page www.shamrockshirts.com.au/index.php/thanks is displayed instead?

11 years 3 months ago #87050

For PayPal Pro and the direct deposit you will have to use that code in the end.php file then:

$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
if($order->order_payment_method!='paypal'){
$app->redirect(' www.shamrockshirts.com.au/index.php/thanks ');
}

For the PayPal plugin, you will need to edit the after_end.php file and use that code:
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->redirect(' www.shamrockshirts.com.au/index.php/thanks ');

The following user(s) said Thank You: shamrockshirts

11 years 3 months ago #87528

That worked perfectly. Thank you.

The only small issue I have is when paying by paypal, it doesn't automatically redirect back to the thank you page. You have to click on the Return to Shamrock Shirts link first. Can I change something so this happens automatically?

11 years 3 months ago #87686

PayPal does not allow that unfortunately.

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

11 years 3 months ago #87687

It must, because I've just changed over to Hikashop from a Virtuemart cart, and it was automatic then?

11 years 3 months ago #87883

From what I know, that is not the shopping cart which does that.

It's PayPal which handles the return to the website and thus that's something to set in your PayPal account, not in HikaShop:
www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/...turn_summary-outside

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds