Step 1 reloads when clicking Next & a coupon issue

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #90992

Hi,

Running Hikashop 2.1.0 Business, downloaded and updated on 15 Feb 2013.
Error reporting: Maximum.

1. I have a similar issue to www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/7...n-clicking-next.html , where the Step 1 (Confirmation of Billing & Shipping addresses) reloads the same page when clicking on Next. However, there's no problem if the process is cancelled before completing the checkout and restarted during the same login session.

2. The coupon issue is related to my initial post ( www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/3-bug-report/6...ng-amount.html#88799 ).

After selecting the bank transfer payment option and entering coupon AAMM15 for product www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...ep&step=3&Itemid=274 :

a. the first time the screen reloads and the discount is not added
b. the second time the user is redirected to the banking details without displaying the final invoice.

The final emailed invoice doesn't include the coupon discount. The coupon settings:

3. All information for one the two products' variants was completely wiped out when the product was edited and saved after the upgrade and all data for 8 variants and custom fields had to be re-entered.

The marketing of the products has been held off until the upgrade was possible and had to start 2 weeks ago, and has to include the coupons for promotion purposes. If you need to test the system, please use the following details:

Product: www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...yout=show&Itemid=274
Coupon: AAMM15
Username: hikashop
Login: hikashop

Please let me know if any admin settings need to be changed or if you need any other information in order to resolve the 2 issues.

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Vicka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 2 months ago #91190

Hi,

Regading that it's probably an issue with your payment/shipping methods which are not configured properly. I would recommend to check the FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

Regarding coupon issue, I cannot test it on your checkout as I'm getting that error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 36700160 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16806 bytes) in /usr/www/users/consulaz/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php on line 1184
Please increase your memory_limit on your server to avoid that issue.
Also a screenshot of the checkout tab of the configuration would help.

Regarding your point number 3, it would be possible if you had inadvertedly deleted the characteristic from the product before saving.
Are you able to reproduce again ? (you can do a backup before, or try on a copy of the product).

11 years 2 months ago #91313

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for your feedback.

1. There is no shipment and the process worked smoothly (except for coupons) before the upgrade. All payment options are configured and enabled. PayPal screenshot attached.

2. I just tried several and got the same error most of the time, but managed to get through to the invoice screen once but was not able to repeat it. The memory_limit is set to 64MB - the maximum allowed by the SP. What else needs to change to resolve the memory allocation issue?
Checkout config screenshot attached.

3. No characteristics were deleted and the same thing didn't happen with the other product. Either way, the info has been re-entered and there seems to be no issue now.

Please let me know if it would be more effective to provide you with the login details for the website.

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Vicka.

11 years 2 months ago #91320

Registered a new user and managed to get to the invoice screen without errors. The coupon was already added/displayed when the screen loaded, but I had not entered it. When I clicked on Remove coupon, a "Coupon removed" message was displayed, yet it was still displayed on the screen. Please see screenshot.

Attachments:

11 years 2 months ago #91445

Hi again

The website was hacked and has been taken offline.

11 years 2 months ago #91619

Hi,

I see that the website is up online again. I tried to access the checkout again to look at the issue now that it is working but it seems that the hikashop/hikashop access that you had provided doesn't work anymore.

Regarding the memory issue, you say that the limit is set to 64M but the error I had was at around 36M so apparently the 64M limit is not taken into account by your server.

11 years 2 months ago #91813

Hi Nicolas

The user has been recreated and the Hetzner have reset a memory_limit legacy issue which only allowed for 35MB. I tried to test the cart process now and got the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4117 bytes) in /usr/www/users/consulaz/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php on line 1184. :/

Thanks,
Vicka

11 years 2 months ago #92099

Hi,

Try to replace the code:
$this->update($coupon->discount_code,1,0,'coupon',true);
return $this->loadFullCart($additionalInfos);

by:

$this->update($coupon->discount_code,1,0,'coupon',true);
static $done = false;
if($done==false){
$done= true;
return $this->loadFullCart($additionalInfos);
}

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php and try again.

11 years 2 months ago #92197

Hi Nicolas

The code has been replaced and I've been able to complete the process to the end screen 3 times. However, the following happens during the process:

1. Step 1 (Confirmation of Billing & Shipping addresses) reloads the same page when clicking on Next. However, there's no problem if the process is cancelled before completing the checkout and restarted during the same login session. Same issue as in the original post.

2. After selecting the bank transfer payment option and entering coupon AAMM15 for product www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...ep&step=3&Itemid=274 :

a. When the AAMM15 code is added and Add coupon is clicked, the end/final screen displaying banking details is loaded. The emailed invoice doesn't include the coupon.
b. The second time the same product is added the confirmation screen displays the coupon and it's value at the bottom when it loads.
c. Removing the coupon doesn't work.

3. If 2 different products have been added, removing one of these from the confirmation screen displays a "Shopping cart is empty message" and redirects the user to the product category homepage.

The company produces monthly reports and the launch earlier was supposed to market the February report. The next report is going to be launched on 4 March 2013 and I need to get this working by then. Before we discovered the coupon issue and upgraded, all was configured and working. Is there anything else that can be done / tested / checked to speed this up?

Thanks

11 years 1 month ago #92427

Hi,

1. I've posted more that three issues in your initial message. could you precise what problem you're talking about here ?

2. The link that you provide for the product doesn't work. Could you double check it please ?

Please provide a backend and FTP access to your website via our contact form and make sure that you give as much information as possible on the issues with working links (and maybe screenshots) and we'll look at all that and directly fix the issues.

11 years 1 month ago #92446

Hi Nicolas

Will send all info via contact form shortly.

11 years 1 month ago #92478

Hi,

Login information sent via Contact form.

Terms and conditions were added, so the checkout workflow was re-arranged and some of the previous screens are no longer applicable.

THIS POST IS ABOUT THE COUPON NOT BEING ADDED.

Please note that the old coupons were unpublished (but left on the system) and new ones created to double check. 2 people ran through the process below using 2 different computers several times each using different registered users.

The first issue is on step 12 where clicking on Add (coupon) doesn't add the coupon and the screen reloads. The second issue is on step 29 where Add (coupon) is clicked and the Payment method screen is loaded automatically, without coupon being added or clicking on Next.

Product 1: www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...yout=show&Itemid=274 (Coupon aamm-15)
Product 2: www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...yout=show&Itemid=275 (Coupon acmm-15)

TEST 1 - PRODUCT 1:

1. Open www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...yout=show&Itemid=274
  2. Click on Add to cart (page reloads)
  3. Click on Proceed to checkout
  4. www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...=checkout&Itemid=274 page opens
  5. Tick checkbox next to Please accept the terms and conditions before proceeding
  6. Complete Login section:
  7. Username: hikashop
  8. Password: hikashop
  9. Click on Login
  10. Billing address screen
  11. Click on Next
  12. See step-12.gif
  13. Enter aamm-15 in Enter your coupon field
  14. Click on Add
  15. Page reloads, no coupon added to total
  16. Click on Next
  17. Payment Method screen is displayed ( www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...ep&step=2&Itemid=274 ) (URL included for cross-referencing only)
  18. Select Bank Transfer
  19. Click on Next
  20. The same screen reloads
  21. Click on Next
  22. End screen is displayed - Your order is now complete.
  23. DURING THE SAME LOGIN SESSION: Open www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...yout=show&Itemid=274
  24. Click on Add to cart (page reloads)
  25. Click on Proceed to checkout
  26. Tick checkbox next to Please accept the terms and conditions before proceeding
  27. Click on Next
  28. Enter aamm-15 in Enter your coupon field
  29. Click on Add
  30. Payment Method screen is loaded automatically – Next was not clicked ( www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...ep&step=2&Itemid=274 )
  31. Select Bank transfer
  32. Click on Next
  33. Payment Method screen is reloaded, Bank transfer already selected ( www.consultancyafrica.com/index.php?opti...ep&step=2&Itemid=274 )
  34. Click Next
  35. End screen is displayed - Your order is now complete.
  36. Logout
  37. Confirmation email doesn’t include coupon discount

The same process was followed for product 2 and it produced the same results as with product 1.

Thanks for your assistance

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Vicka.

11 years 1 month ago #92479

Additional screenshots

Attachments:

11 years 1 month ago #92943

Hi

Do you need any other information? Any recommendations?

Thanks

11 years 1 month ago #93193

Hi,

The backend user access that you provided didn't work. I was however able to check the issue with FTP traces. I've found and fix the problem and as far as I can see, it's working fine now on your website.

11 years 1 month ago #93323

Hi Nicolas

Please accept my apologies - I now saw that I didn't include the admin password in the email. It's the same as the username and I've just tested it. It would have taken me 5 minutes to check and fix it, had I known there was an issue.

I also tested entering the coupon and it still doesn't work. It has been almost a week since my last post and would have been great if you let me know that you had worked on the system and had results to share.

While you claim to be able to get the required results, we are still not able to add a coupon during the first checkout of a logged in session.

CAI purchased a product which was supposed to facilitate e-commerce on their website. While the overall system is great and flexible, the bottom line is that one of the features which sold the product doesn't work and we don't have an working e-commerce system.

What else needs to be done to resolve this? What information do I need to provide you with?

11 years 1 month ago #93343

Hi,

Well, it was working when I was doing my tests. Maybe a session issue.
I tried again now and had again the problem.
That's great, I can reproduce.
So I looked at the code again and changed it again. That should now work all the time.
Can you try again please ?

We're doing what we can but such high level debugging, which is not reproducible on our end is the most complex of them so it takes time to first understand the issue, then, be able to reproduce, then get the accesses we need, then trace the issue, find the cause, and finally fix it.
It's not like a CSS customization question which we can answer in the minute we read it.

11 years 1 month ago #93456

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for your feedback and for sorting out the coupon problem. I do understand that these kinds of issues are not easy to resolve, but better communication may have made the process easier / faster.

One last thing which needs to be solved is the clicking on the Next button after selecting a payment option - the screen reloads and doesn't take you to the next step. Please note that this also only happens during the first checkout of the session, but not when the process is repeated.

Could you please have a look at that as well and let me know if you need any other info?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 1 month ago #94507

Hi,

The first time, there was no payment method selected in your session.
You don't have to "auto submit" option so, the first validation, the payment method is changed and, because the previous method (none) is different than the new one (the selected), the step is not changed.

The next time, there is a payment method selected (en pre-selected) in your session.
If you select the same payment method, it would go on the next step. if you select another, you would stay on the same step.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds