Two configuration problems

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #104399

1. I can't select modules to display under the main area... I can bring up the list of modules but when i set any of them to be published they are not listed as associated and do not display. If I click on the name of the module it takes me to the module option page and does not seem to have any relevant setting to display under the main area.*
2. In Modules under the product page... Related products are showing twice! Any idea why this could happen? Also, this is happening when I set it to display categories - when I set it to display products, which is what i actually want, nothing displays at all!! Is this because I need to specify related products for each product? Can't it just call products in the same categories?

Any advice? Thanks :)

*Edit 1: what is this option even for? I achieved what i thought it was by adding extra modules under my main content menu...
Edit 2: OK i get the related products thing, i have it set to call products in the same category rather than the individually-defined related products on the product options page. But whatever i set it to, it displays it twice.... that, I still need help with :)

Edit 3: Another small issue... maybe i should've started a new thread for this as it's not exactly bugs but i thought it'd be better to keep it all together:

1. I have a top-selling products module set to display under the categories listing page, but even though it is set to display 4 columns and 8 items only one item displays. How do I set it up so that it displays the most popular products?
2. My brands module does not display a title! Any idea why? It is set to display....

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by jen168.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 10 months ago #104731

1. Once you enable a module and click on the ok button of the popup, you then have to save the configuration to validate the change and only then you will see the module in the option.

2. If you since the related products twice, it means that you configured the module to be displayed at two different places instead of just the option "modules under the product page". I would need a link to the product page to see what you did in order to tell you what to do.

3. Please provide a screenshot of the options of your module and a link to the page where you are displaying it and I can tell you

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #104732

1. I did as described, still nothing...

2. Yes, the module was published. Sorry, I just realised this.

3. Screenshots are below, url is www.alphagoldbuyers.com/store

edit: don't worry about the top-selling products, got that sorted... also, the problem with the brands module not displaying the title only occurs when carousel is enabled...

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by jen168.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 10 months ago #104871

1. Then please try with another browser. Maybe some kind of issue with your user session.

3. You configured your brands module so that it is displayed as an associated module of your menu.
We actually didn't think of that possibility and in that case, the title has to be displayed by HikaShop.

You will have to edit the file "listing" of the view "category" of your frontend template via the menu Display->Views and change the code:

$heading = $this->params->get('page_title');
		if($this->params->get('page_heading')){
			$heading = $this->params->get('page_heading');
		}
to:
if($this->module){
		$heading = $this->params->get('title');
	}else{
		$heading = $this->params->get('page_title');
		if($this->params->get('page_heading')){
			$heading = $this->params->get('page_heading');
		}
	}
and then you should see the title.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jen168

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds