Error on Discounts making restrictions

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #2339

When I make a coupon, with $500 and I select a product as restriction it makes it, but if I go back to it and try to edit it, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /home/vg004web03/86/89/2008986/web/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/discount/view.html.php on line 187

When I try to use the coupon on any product, not just the one I want it on it works, which it shouldn't.

Also, if I set an all capped code, and I put in at checkout no capped code it works. Should it not be capitalization sensitive?

If I just make a coupon with no restrictions, I have no problem going back and editing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #2340

I tried this on your demo system and it doesn't restrict either and it calls the error. I hope you can fix this by your morning as I am trying to go live tomorrow by 1pm Canada MST. My biggest concern is the restriction, not the cap. But the cap would be great if you could.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 4 months ago #2351

For the setQuery error you can do that: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...ot-working.html#2272

The check on the code is indeed case insensitive. That's because in the database hikashop_discount table the column discount_code's collation is utf8_general_ci. You can edit that column via phpmyadmin and set it's collation to utf8_bin. I'm not sure if we want to include that in HikaShop... We think that it's nice that users don't have to respect the case of the coupon code. That's less frustration on them and less support for you since you won't have users complaining that the coupon didn't work and then have to explain them that they need to respect the case.

For the restriction on products not being applied there's indeed a problem. As changes needed to be done in several files, we prefered to just released a new version of HikaShop as it will be easier for you to apply it. That will also fix the first issue (the fatal error).

13 years 4 months ago #2357

Upgrade applied. Everything seems to be working properly. Thanks for getting this done today.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds