Cart Module breaks with back button

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15490

Hello,

I love HikaShop so far but have a HUGE issue with the Cart Module.

I have tried this with different settings, but I don't want my customers to be directed to the Checkout right away, I would like them to continue shopping. Let's say I have a shop and on the right I have the HikaShop Cart Module. I add a product to the cart. The product shows up in the Cart Module on the side. Then I have nowhere to go after that. I am just sitting on this page of the product that I added to my cart. My only option is to click the Proceed to Cart button or to hit the back button. So, I want to continue shopping and I hit the back button on my browser. Now my Cart Module reverts back to it's previous state, as if I never ordered that product. Of course on the final checkout the products will be there, but this is not reflected in my display. As a customer, this would worry me and I would go back and order again. Now we have a problem. When the customer goes to finally check out if they even make it that far, they will have tons of duplicate orders because the module didn't work in calculating this while shopping.

So, I ask if I am doing something wrong here, or what am I missing?
Can't there be some sort of way to keep that module up to date as in other shopping cart systems? Maybe some sort of redirect system that takes you off of that product and back to the category? I am just not sure of how to deal with this issue and I'm sure other users must have some suggestions for me. I have a large project coming up and would love to use HikaShop, but this does concern me.

Thanks for any input or ideas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 11 months ago #15493

Hi,

That's normal that when you press the back button the cart is still empty since your browser gets the page from his cache. There is nothing we can do about that.

What you're looking for is the option "After a product is added to the cart" in the checkout tab of the configuration.
You should set it to "always stay on the page" or to "stay and display a popup notice" like we have on our demo website so that it behaves like you want.

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds