Listing of Category, Asociated module not showing

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #28997

Hello
I created a module that is a list of categories
www.galeriadeartepedropena.com/tienda
(ijust downloaded and installed Hikashop Esentials)
however in the documentation it says:

Since version 1.4.4 of HikaShop, the "Menu" option is initialized automatically so that you don't need to read the rest of that part of this tutorial. Your module is ready to be used. You can also personalize the listing of the sub-categories/products by going in the menus Display->Content menus and Display->Content modules and editing the module and menu associated to the module you created.

However as you can see my category listing has no asociated modules created for it automatically...?¿
is this a Bug? whys is this happening? I did the same thing on the free version of Hikashop on my local computer and it worked fine.

Please let me know if this is a BUG or what am I supposed to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #29000

Please I need and answer for this ASAP.
I cant figure out how to do it manually, what do I have to do so the products show up? its not very clear for me in the documentation. should I ask this in another post? or can you answer me here in the BUG forum?
please let me know asap.
thank you.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #29028

First, you need to check that in the "menu" option of your category listing module, you have selected a category listing menu. If that's not the case, it won't display the products.
Then, if that's the case, you need to check that the "associated modules" option of that category listing menu that you selected in that previous option. There, you need to have enabled a products listing module.
Then, if that's the case, you need to check that this module has its "syncrhonize content" option turned on.

Normally, when you create a new menu via the joomle menu manager as explained in the documentation all that is created automatically with the correct options so that it works. when you display the menu on the front end.

12 years 5 months ago #29047

when you say "menu" otion of your category listing module" I assume you mean the "type of content" option in the module. Yes, this is set to "category". As I told you before I have done this already in a free version of Hikashop on my local computer and it worked. I am following the exact same steps, and the main problem now is that there are NO "associated modules" created.
I don't understand this line that you said:
"you need to check that the "associated modules" option of that category listing menu that you selected in that previous option."
If there are NO "associated modules" created how can I check anything on this module?
This is frustrating because I already did all the checking withe the free version and it worked fine, and now that I have the commercial version I have these problems even though I am following the same steps???
Why isn´t there any "associated modules" created? And Yes I do have a module with "categories" as a Content Type.
Please help.

12 years 5 months ago #29052

Please please explain to me how to have this module show the products in the sepcific categories. Even if I have to do it manually, I have read the documentation and it is not very clear. As you can see now I have the module with the categories but the products dont show up. www.galeriadeartepedropena.com/tienda
Please let me know how to make them show up ASAP. I have wasted 2 days already with this and I cannot afford to waste more time.
I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you.

12 years 5 months ago #29074

No answer yet? please let me know how to do this, I bought Hikashop and I am stuck, please answer me asap.
there are a lot of things in the documentation that is not clear or accurate for the current version of Hikashop an joomla 1.7
So please help me out.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #29093

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Please note that each time you bump a subject it goes back to the top of the queue so you will wait longer for your answer.

when you say "menu" otion of your category listing module" I assume you mean the "type of content" option in the module.

No, it your category listing module's hikashop options there is a "menu" option. That's what I'm talking about.

If there are NO "associated modules" created how can I check anything on this module?

You can enable any category listing module as an associated module of a menu in the hikashop options of that menu. So even if it wasn't created automatically, you can still create the module manually and assign it to your menu with that "associated modules" option.

Why isn´t there any "associated modules" created?

Well, I can't say. It works on our end and it works for everyone else so all I can think of that that you're not doing something properly.

Please let me know how to make them show up ASAP. I have wasted 2 days already with this and I cannot afford to waste more time.
I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I cannot explain it more than I already have.
If you want, you can provide us with a back end access to your website and I'll personally look at your setup and fix the problem. That will be faster for everyone. You can either PM me the account information or send it via our contact page. Please don't forget to specify the URL of that thread so that we know why the access is for.

12 years 5 months ago #29179

OK. So I think I understand now what are the steps I have to follow.
1.create a category listing menu.
2.create a content module, with category as type of content and in the menu option asign it to the category listing menu I created.
3.Then check the "asociated module" options of the category listing menu so its a product listing module and "syncrhonize content" option turned on. (if there is no asociated module I would have to create one manually and assign it to my category listing menu.)

Is this correct? I think what is confusing me here is the difference between modules and menus, because I thought that by creating a module with category as content type then the menu would be created automatically, but I guess thats not the case.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
If this doesn't work I will send backend access so you can take a look.
Sorry for my confusion. The thing is the first time I did it it worked fine, but now I think that I might have created the category listing menu without knowing it would affect the module.
So is this process correct?
by the way I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

12 years 5 months ago #29180

Yes, I got it to work! :)
Thank you so much for your help.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds