Australia post Shipping is disabled by flat rate.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #29750

Is there any way to apply flat rate shipping (manual shipping) to only one product rather than all products? Thats not my main question though. I have set 3 Manual shipping sets, two weight based internationals and 1 weight based Australian. Now when my item exceeds the weight i have set the the flat rate shipping to, i would assume that it would default across and use the australia post option, however it just reads that the combined weight of my cart exceeds the maximum shipping weight for this purchase.

Any ideas as to why this might be would be appreciated,

Thankyou,
Alex Harper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #29751

Update...
This error only appears at the checkout page before the customer has logged in. Once logged in it does show Australia post as a shipping method if the weight exceeds that of the flat rate.
I think what might be happening is that the Australia post calculator will only work when it has an address to work with, therefor at the pre login page the only shipping method that it will display is the flat rate. So if the item exceeds flat rate, the cart checks to see if there is any other methods to display and there inst, which produces the error "The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods"
If i unpublish flat rate shipping methods this error is not displayed.
Perhaps if there is a way to stop this message appearing it would be good. Or is there a way to offer the postage calculator before the customer has to login?

Thanks,
Alex Harper

• Thank you received: 13083
12 years 5 months ago #29760

Hi,

Indeed, the Australia Post web service requires the address of the user in order to calculate the fee.
If the address is not yet entered, the australia post shipping method is not displaying.

You have two options:
1. You can change the message by overriding its translation:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

2. You could change your checkout workflow (there is an option for that in the checkout tab of the configuration) and have it in two steps. On the first step, the user would enter his address/login/register and on the second he would select his shipping/payment method and finish:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...config.html#checkout

11 years 9 months ago #57756

Ok so the main problem seems to now be solved, however I have 1 item, a magazine that actually only costs $2.00 to ship via AusPost (not $6.40) and I was wondering if there was a way for me to add a shipping method (like a flat rate or something) specifically available to the magazine only.

Cheers,
Alex Harper.

11 years 9 months ago #57828

Yes. Just put a really big weight for it like 1000 kg and no dimensions.
With that, the australia post shipping method won't be able to calculate the rate for it.
Then, add a manual shipping method with a minimum weight of 999kg and a maximum volume of 0.1 and a price of $2.

That way, when you have only that magazine in the cart, it will cost $2 via the manual shipping method.
When you have only other products, it will use the shipping methods of Australia post.
And when you have both, it won't display any shipping method and display an error message than no shipping methods were found. Message that you can then personnalize with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

11 years 9 months ago #57900

This is not acceptable, and will not work. I really think that an online store should have the ability to set shipping methods specific to an item. In both the online stores I have created I have needed this ability. Chances are many other people have needed it as well. It should be a fairly simple feature to add, i mean you already got all the variables and objects generated you would just have to assign a postage type identifier variable to the product?.... At checkout: if (variable_for_custom_postage_method_product_identifier == variable_for_custom_postage_method){Object: Show Custom postage method};

I dunno just an idea.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Alex Harper.

11 years 9 months ago #57902

I did actually come up with a better solution for a temp fix to this problem. However I still think its a feature you defs need.
Anyway I set product weight to 183grams and made sure that no other products had this weight. Then created a manual shipping method that was only applicable to a cart value of 183grams therefore if they purchase more than one item it wont show, but if they only choose that one it will :)

Cheers,
Alex.

11 years 9 months ago #57968

It's possible to apply shipping fees per product with the corresponding option of the manual shipping method plugin:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...form.html#additional

The real problem with your case is that you want part of the manual shipping method features and still use the Australia Post plugin for the other products while still being able to buy both products at the same time.
So it's not just a simple if that you can add somewhere. But yes, you can always edit the plugins/hikashopshipping/aupost/aupost.php file and change the code their to handle your case.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds