Discount not on VAT?

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 11 months ago #49164

Hi,
I'm using HikaShop Essential. When I create a coupon discount of 50% and sell 2 products of € 5,=. The price without discount is € 10,=. But when I use the couponcode the price is not € 5,= because the discount is not calculated over the tax.

Example:
In the Netherlands we have 19% VAT.
Price incl. VAT: € 5,= (€ 4,20 excl. VAT)
Buying two of these products with 50% discount, must result in"
€ 4,20
€ 4,20
€ 8,40
€ 1,60 VAT
€ 10,00 total
€ 5,00 -/- (50 % discount)
€ 5,00 total price of this order.

But when I use this couponcode the endprice is now € 5,80! (that is € 4,20 + € 1,60)

So in this exemple the discount is calculated over the price excl. VAT, while the VAT is still calculated over the price without the discount. That is not how it should be.
----
I also like to display al the prices in the cart incl. VAT.
I've read this:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/38735...uded-vat-prices.html
And this:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/28960...-with-tax.html#28986

I added $this->params->set('price_with_tax',1);
after the first <?php tag of the file "step" of the view "checkout" that you can edit via the menu Display->Views
but nothing changes.

Can you please help me with these issues.

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Remko.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #49257

Hi,

1. You should try to change the option "apply discount" in the main tab of the configuration of HikaShop.

2. Note that this view file is for the cart during the checkout, not the cart module. For the cart module, it's the file "cart" of the view "product". Also, make sure that you edit it for your front end template and not another template.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 11 months ago #49349

Hi Nicolas,

1. The option "apply discount" was the right solution for the discount and VAT issue. Thanks a lot!

2. For the prices incl. VAT in the cart, I made changes in the file "cart" for the front end. But maybe I have to try it again. I let you know if it works or not....

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds